Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2010, 01:58 PM

79 posts, read 289,942 times

Advertisements

My family and I are relocating to the area. Weve done our research on the areas, although not being on the ground. We were wondering what the commute is like from Port ludlow to the Naval Hospital in Bremerton?

Also if anyone is living in Port ludlow ...any advice would be appreciated

Is the bridge still under construction?

Mapquest states its about a 45 minute drive... is that about right?
any info would be great thank you

Richard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 11:44 PM

2 posts, read 6,792 times
Default Port Ludlow to Bremerton

Greetings from beautiful Port Ludlow. Yes, I would peg Bremerton to be 35 to 40 minutes from Port Ludlow. I can get to the Tacoma Narrow bridge in one hour, assuming that the bridge is not open.

Yes, the bridge improvements have been made and construction delays are no longer an issue.

You can find out a lot about Port Ludlow on our community website:

www.portludlowtoday.com.

If you have more specific questions, I would be happy to assist in any way I can. I am not a realtor! Just a senior who retired from Michigan in 2003 and moved to Port Ludlow.

davidleopike@gmail.com

Old 09-20-2010, 10:26 AM

7 posts, read 10,876 times
Richard, I have a client that was stationed at Naval Hospital Bremerton and decided to purchase a home in Port Ludlow. At first I thought it would be a hard commute but after traveling there to view homes I found out it was a very easy commute. This client of mine has been doing the commute for about 1.5 years now. When my relocation clients ask about commute times and traffic I try to explain that it is not like anywhere I have ever lived. I don't even consider us to have traffic. Port Ludlow is a really beautiful place with lots of housing opportunities.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:34 PM

Default Thank you

Thank you both for the commute info.

My wife and I are moving to Kitsap , and she will be working at the Naval Hospital.

I recall someone talking about bridge closures due to traffic. How often does that happen. During the work commute?>

Also we have two small children 4 and 1.. wondering if Port Ludlow also has families along with the retirees?

Thank you
Richard

Old 09-20-2010, 04:55 PM

In the last post , when I wrote traffic with reference to the bridge... I meant Naval. if that helps at all?

Old 12-29-2010, 09:11 PM

7 posts, read 20,298 times
Because we live near major military installations.....military movements result in bridge closures....and because they are secretive in nature...there is no forwarning for the most part. A friend of mine works at Harrison Medical Center and lives in Port Ludlow....she is constantly stuck at the bridge.. . . and late for work. Her only other frustration is that there are few passing lanes....and she ALWAYS gets stuck behind someone going far slower than the speed limit.
My personal belief is once I hit the other side of the bridge (Port Ludlow side) Im on vacation time and I meander....and relax. I LOVE it over there. : )

Old 02-17-2013, 12:03 PM

Update

We moved to gig harbor area instead.... Have driven from port ludlow to bremerton and honestly it isnt far at all. No traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington