Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 06:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingTD View Post
Thanks for posting DNOKS92 . What did you like the most about the schools? What do teenagers do for fun there? IS there much of an arts scene there or nearby? Thanks!

Mostly I think I just enjoyed the teachers and of course my friends that I went to school with my whole life. But if I had to give a negative comment about the schools it would be the WASL now called something else, but it's the states standardized test so they have to have it. Teenagers (with cars) mainly go to the movies at regal cinemas down meridian, to the mall which is a little further down, or to some of the local lakes (but I wouldn't suggest Kapowsin Lake it's pretty nasty). And Both Tacoma and Puyallup have decent art scenes but Graham and anything closer then that doesn't really have any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 09:18 PM

1 posts, read 810 times
Default living in graham

I lived in Graham for about 12 years, went to elementary and graduated from high school in Graham. All of my family lives there. I would have to say that I didn't like it very much there. Yes, the sunny days are beautiful but some people must have just moved there that are replying on this forum because whenever I think of home, I see clouds. Rarely do you get a full week of sunny hot days, it might happen in the summer. I remember one summer we only had a couple weeks of sunshine, the rest it was cloudy and in the 60's. On a nice day though, the view of Mt. Ranier is wonderful. The winters get some snow, nothing too treaturous though. The most I have seen fall in a winter was about 18 Inches, I lived at the eastern end of Graham near the mountains so we always got a little more than in town. You can usually expect a power outage in the winter from a wind storm. Sometimes it takes them a few days to get it back too because a lot of powerlines are still above the road and branches and trees fall on them and knock them over. And there are a ton of trees. Tall ones too. I lived in an area surrounded by trees so it always felt dark. But there are some more open areas too and up on the hills are nice places to live. Rain is about average but the clouds are always out. It is a growing city, they just got their first fast food chain (Jack in the Box) restaurant about a year ago so it will be growing a lot more, very soon I think. Lots of military families live out there, it's a good ways from the Base, out of the typical run down areas that surround bases. Basically, I moved away to Phoenix for school and loved it a lot more, Moved to Anchorage, AK and like it more just because it is sunnier, and the ONLY reason I would go back is for family. But there are a lot of people there that don't want to leave, they say they love it, I call them crazy

Old 05-29-2013, 09:29 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,000,767 times
Haven't lived in Graham but know about it because members of close family live there.

If i ever move back to Washington, it will be to Graham.

What can i say? One is in the shadow of Mt. Rainier, when you can see it, but are not in the valley, so if an eruption occurs, you will likely be alright. The area is rural with good access to the suburban environment of South Hill, and the "hell" of Meridian Highway.

This area south of Puyallup and South Hill is a great place, and can be made into a dynamic location.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington