U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2011, 11:14 PM

7 posts, read 36,087 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone!

Looking to relocate to Lacey, Olympia area. Can any of you give us an idea of what we can expect to pay for Electricity/Water/Sewage/Garbage?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 07:12 PM

14 posts, read 44,895 times
It really depends.

I can't speak to water/sewer/garbage because I've always lived in apartments where those costs are built into the rent. But for electricity in a 2-bdrm apartment I usually pay around $160/month in the winter because I like to keep the heat on. Much less in the summer. Of course this is for an apartment with electric heat and an electric oven and stove. Your milage may vary; does anyone else want to weigh in?

Old 02-02-2011, 08:56 PM

7 posts, read 36,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9hauntedgirls View Post
It really depends.

I can't speak to water/sewer/garbage because I've always lived in apartments where those costs are built into the rent. But for electricity in a 2-bdrm apartment I usually pay around $160/month in the winter because I like to keep the heat on. Much less in the summer. Of course this is for an apartment with electric heat and an electric oven and stove. Your milage may vary; does anyone else want to weigh in?
Thanks so much! I've gotten that ballpark figure for heat from a number of people so I think I'd estimate it around $150! Thanks for the input! Much appreciated!

Old 06-20-2014, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 5,782 times
Can anyone give me a ball park figure on what a monthly electric bill would run for a 3 bedroom, 1200 sq ft house in Lacey area. We are moving to that area the 1st of july.
Thank you so much!

Old 12-16-2015, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 4,636 times
We have just moved here from Oahu Hawaii and have discovered that the utilities are much higher here in Olympia with much less in wages. It rains here all year around (minus last summer) so why is the water rate so high. The monthly cost for water, sewer and garbage is about $100. The gas and electric are close to 200 per month totaling 300 dollars!. We understand it would be higher in winter but we are looking at close to 300 a month. Olympia has a cost of living index of 105 compared to the United States average of 100. New York, Hawaii, LA and San Francisco are way up above 150, NY at 212. But still with the cost of food here and restaurants and what they charge, is this supply and demand (many items in Hawaii are shipped and subsequently costs much more but there are not ocean shipping charges here). One would think it goes beyond that to taking advantage of this concept. For example the water, garbage and sewer people charge for maintenance on anything that moves including a monthly charge for the meter alone. We have never in 4 states, we have lived in, seen a charge for a water meter that is about 4 times the cost of the water. What in God's Green Earth is going on here???? BTW, we are a family of just two and understand that we are not paying nearly as much as large families.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 4,519 times
New home owner in Olympia. I too was shocked to see the water bill. Then I called them up and asked them to provide a detailed bill. Now I know why it is high. They are charging freaking $111 flat rate for 2 month Sewer (so around $55 per month). I asked them if there is anything I can do to reduce that and they said no.

The electric usually is around low to mid hundreds ($120-1$160) for me (3 member family).

Before that I was renting a 1 bedroom apartment and they used to charge $70 flat for water, garbage and sewer. Electric bill ranged between $80-$140

Old 12-30-2015, 08:07 PM

27,876 posts, read 59,414,059 times
Olympia with a well and septic... so I did have to pay $1200 7 years ago change out the pump.

Electric was real high when I had company for the Holidays... it was $800... which includes running the well pump...

Typically, electric is my only bill averages about $2400 annually... space heat, hot water heating and well pump.

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 01-02-2016 at 02:53 PM..

Old 01-02-2016, 02:22 PM

66 posts, read 34,595 times
I'm out in the rural part of the county on a well and septic, so I can't help much with water/sewer/garbage costs. Our electricity for a 1800sf house + 800sf garage apartment ranges from $150 in summer to $325 in winter. We have a gas fireplace for our primary heating, and only use the electric furnace as supplemental heat on the cold nights. On months when we've run out of gas and had to run the furnace more it can get over $400.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>