Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2007, 12:49 AM

6 posts, read 30,616 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone lives in, or knows much about this area. What is a normal high in the summers, as I'm not partial to heat, and how the school systems are academically, because I have an elementary school age daughter. Is the community here and overall, a nice place to live.
Sincerely,
Thankyou for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 06:17 PM

113 posts, read 876,522 times
The temperature in northern Okanogan County can still get pretty warm in the summer (90's) but it doesn't last as long as farther south. Quite a bit of snow in the winter and it stays around awhile as the temp stays low for a long time.

This area is absolutely gorgeous, but also very remote with not much city life around for miles... which is not necessarily a bad thing.

I don't have any information about the schools.

Though not specifically that area, I have some photos of other North Central Washington areas here.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Thanks

Thank you for the website and pictures. I appreciate you answering my add and the information you had. The pics were beautiful. Maybe someone out there will be able to fill me in a little more about the schools. I live in CA where every summer gets into the 100's reaching 113 and better sometimes. :eek I think that the 90"s there are probably much cooler than here. Aren't the 100's rare in Tonasket and the Oroville areas? Thanks again, waseeker.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:58 PM

2 posts, read 7,303 times
We live in CA and own property in Tonasket and is does get hot there. It's high and dry like Cameron Park, CA (around middle 90s) and gets down around 28 degrees in the winter with snow. The crime index is in the 300s which is the national average. I'm not sure about the school system but I know there is nothing for young people to do except for outdoor activities. The area is beautiful but offers little in employment. Good luck.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooprandy View Post
We live in CA and own property in Tonasket and is does get hot there. It's high and dry like Cameron Park, CA (around middle 90s) and gets down around 28 degrees in the winter with snow. The crime index is in the 300s which is the national average. I'm not sure about the school system but I know there is nothing for young people to do except for outdoor activities. The area is beautiful but offers little in employment. Good luck.
Just wanted the thank you for getting back with me on my information.
I was wondering why you own property in Tonasket but aren't living there yet. Are you renting your home or is it just property. My husband and I are looking to buy in that area. Is your home for sale? Thanks again and good luck with your endeavors as well.
Sincerely,
waseeker

Old 11-29-2007, 11:10 PM

I was wondering if anybody knows of any wastewater treatment plants in the Tonasket or Oroville area that may be hiring.
Would appreciate any info on this.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington