U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 11:59 PM

428 posts, read 1,071,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHolmes85
I'm looking into moving to the Sequim area with my two small children once I'm finished with my degree. Does anyone know a good site for rentals?
This will get you started:

Port Angeles Rentals - James and Associates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 02:48 PM

8 posts, read 14,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendrite View Post

thanks so much!

Old 08-31-2011, 06:48 PM

4 posts, read 8,849 times
Quick update.....I found a home in Sequim, right on Sequim Bay!! Will be up there by mid-September! The area and the people are so fantastic!! I cannot wait to become a part of the community!!

Old 09-07-2011, 04:29 PM

12 posts, read 16,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy4katz View Post
Quick update.....I found a home in Sequim, right on Sequim Bay!! Will be up there by mid-September! The area and the people are so fantastic!! I cannot wait to become a part of the community!!

That is such positive news! I too, hope to move up to that area once my son graduates high school (2 more years). Congrats to you and best wishes

Old 09-07-2011, 05:56 PM

260 posts, read 550,485 times
Congratulations!! Welcome to the area. Will you be on the west side of the bay or east side?

Cindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy4katz View Post

Old 09-07-2011, 06:02 PM

260 posts, read 550,485 times
Are you looking for a house rental or an apartment?

I think the closest LDS church is in Port Angeles, which is also where you will probably have better luck find a house or apartment to rent.

Sequim tends to cater more to older retirees as far as housing goes.

Cindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHolmes85 View Post
mrslovettstailor - I dislike debby downers also. lol As a person from Illinois I come to these forums to find out information and details about life in WA. Unfortunatly, even in IL meth & crack seem to find there way around. I also heard that its horrible in Georgia where one of my friends lives, as you said its everywhere in the world not just the U.S. But, I'm looking into moving to the Sequim area with my two small children once I'm finished with my degree. Does anyone know a good site for rentals? While I was married to my ex husband, he was in the military and I learned to never buy a house without giving the area a go for a bit to see Ive I'm happy with it. Along with other people, I have children and their safty and their education is very important to me. I'm also LDS so knowing there's a churh there makes me feel better to! As I said it won't be for awhile that I am able to move there so for these next few years I will be able to research more about the area's. I might even have my mom and her husband once they retire move with me and their big into riding their motorcycle so that's important factor with weather wise. My mom was looking into Oak Wood area but with my career being in the law field I would prefer living closer to a bigger town or city but also in a place where I can relax and enjoy my scenery.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:19 PM

3,874 posts, read 11,454,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eponabri View Post
Congratulations!! Welcome to the area. Will you be on the west side of the bay or east side?

Cindi

Hi, eponabri. It's been a while since we posted together, eh? I so enjoy reading your expertise in the Oly Pen threads.

I'd love to hear what you feel are the differences -- if any -- between the west side and the east side of the Bay . And how about the Blyn end? As important as sociological/cultural thoughts are weather/climate thoughts -- if you're up to penning a treatise here!

Thank you for your lovely and always-helpful presence. :-)

Namaste'

Old 09-27-2011, 11:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,621 times
I too am planning a move to Port Angeles sometime in the spring of 2012, As I have visited the peninsula many times and even lived in Washington before (Puyallup and Fife) the climate and the friendly nature of the people are all well known to me. However I must admit my concern about moving in a down economy, both my husband and I have decent resumes in work fields that seem to be in need everywhere. I am a preschool teacher and he is a Yard Foreman at a lumber yard. Any helpful information about employment, jobs or the overall health of the economy would be great. Also how is the cost of living, I live in a HORRIBLE expensive town and its very difficult to make ends meet. I don't want to move across the country to find myself in the same place.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:14 AM

428 posts, read 1,071,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillon23 View Post
I too am planning a move to Port Angeles sometime in the spring of 2012, As I have visited the peninsula many times and even lived in Washington before (Puyallup and Fife) the climate and the friendly nature of the people are all well known to me. However I must admit my concern about moving in a down economy, both my husband and I have decent resumes in work fields that seem to be in need everywhere. I am a preschool teacher and he is a Yard Foreman at a lumber yard. Any helpful information about employment, jobs or the overall health of the economy would be great. Also how is the cost of living, I live in a HORRIBLE expensive town and its very difficult to make ends meet. I don't want to move across the country to find myself in the same place.

The economy here is flat, similar to many communities around the nation. This being the case, I would definitely have a job locked down here prior to moving to Port Angeles.

As you likely already know, one of the main employers/industries on the peninsula is logging and timber. Given your husbands skill set with lumbar yard experience, one would guess that he'd have a reasonable chance at finding a job. It would simply be a process of taking a trip or two out here, asking around at our lumber and timber companies and see what turns up. Showing up in person with resume in hand tends to be more fruitful than just calling from out of state and asking if any positions are available.

Your screen name says you're in Jackson. The cost of living here is less than in Jackson, WY but is more than in other places where we live. For example, we also have a home in SW Idaho and I would say that, at least for us, our overall cost of living in Port Angeles is somewhat higher than it is for us over in ID, mainly due to the higher property taxes, sales tax, business license fees, etc in WA. WA does not have a state income tax so the state is "creative" in finding other ways to generate revenue...

Good Luck in your search!

Old 10-04-2011, 01:22 PM

270 posts, read 548,679 times
Port Angeles....my wife and I have been looking into this area as well. There is a house up the "hill" south of town that backs up against Olympic park that we have been eyeing up. I am trying to get a job at the hospital in PA. My wife is a special education teacher. Hoping to find a job for her. Anyone with ideas/ info on teaching jobs in the area? I saw the schools listed and am curious about any inside information that might be helpful.
I am glad to hear the success stories about moving to this area. We have been working on this for a number of years now. We are almost ready to go(within a year or so). Good luck and peace to all!

Allforcats!!!! Great to see a post from you! Peace!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington