Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 01:24 PM

27 posts, read 84,125 times

Advertisements

Greetings Forum!!!

I've read a lot of postings in the past and never had the guts to post a reply or a thread myself. However, some recent changes are forcing me out of my internet shell (thank goodness!!). Originally I am from southwestern WA. I've visited some of these areas on the peninsula which I am interested in moving to, but it's been a LONG time. Two years ago I moved to Missouri for a job opportunity, but the consequences of living out here are outweighing the benefits. My health has not always been the greatest, but before leaving the west coast I had been able to manage it. Since moving here, it's taken a drastic downturn. Arthritis, asthma, and heart troubles have started since I've been here. My son has been having a lot of issues with his allergies, which were only mild on the west coast. I still wonder to what degree a climate change would help or if moving back would make it worse. Thoughts? And yes, I have consulted the doctor, she doesn't seem to have an opinion on it.

When I left WA (around Vancouver) the jobs situation wasn't very promising and friends from around there have said it hasn't improved. I have talked to a friend on the peninsula and she's saying the opportunities are limited, but there. Most of the people I know are either in Oly or Longview and their knowledge of things beyond their area is small. I would greatly appreciate additional feedback so that I'm getting info from more than one source on the peninsula.

From what I can see on the forums Port Orchard has decent schools. I believe on one post somebody mentioned the middle and high school being better than the grade school. Is Sequim really better? Or Port Townsend? We're planning on making the move this summer and my son will be entering the sixth grade.

I'm used to the costs of Washington housing. However, I've always had good credit to get into places I wanted to be in. When I was laid off my credit went downhill, much like most people who lost their jobs. I don't know how much of a problem this is going to be when I go hunting for housing. Even though my credit history is now rough, my rental history is not.

Definitely miss the rain!!! I look forward to any and all input everyone has, especially since I will only know a limited number of people on the peninsula. Thanks so much!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington