U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-27-2007, 12:39 AM

95 posts, read 171,847 times
Default What are the most beautiful Cascade mountain towns?

Something like Twin Peaks, with hills, lots of majestic trees, in or surrounded by enormous mountains, lakes and rivers? And with a nice feel to the town itself, which means neat downtown, nice houses, little or no poverty etc.

Last edited by scirocco22; 08-27-2007 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: I assume you mean "Cascade mountain" towns? ...I changed the title from Rocky mountain.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 09:53 PM

3,973 posts, read 6,956,423 times
Leavenworth, North Bend, Skykomish. However, very little substantial employment in these areas, except for min. wage.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:15 AM

1 posts, read 9,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounty View Post
Something like Twin Peaks, with hills, lots of majestic trees, in or surrounded by enormous mountains, lakes and rivers? And with a nice feel to the town itself, which means neat downtown, nice houses, little or no poverty etc.
Hilarious, Twin Peaks and 'no poverty'??? - Uhhh, this is Washington, not Hollywood. Where are you coming from?

Old 08-29-2007, 07:46 AM

15,788 posts, read 13,506,772 times
Well, Snoqualmie IS where most of the Twin Peaks shots were filmed. Starting to be folded into the suburbs of Seattle now as development works it's way up the I-90 corridor towards Snoqualmie Pass.

Leavenworth is probably my favorite mountain town in the state - though it IS touristy (made up like a Bavarian village). Generally looks fairly prosperous. On the dryer side of the Cascades though (still trees).

In general, small towns in the West tend not to be as charming as those back East. The small towns I like out here the best are the company towns built for the workers during the dam construction era of the Depression. Coolee Dam in Eastern Washington is a pretty little town (neat, clean, nicely laid out, cute cottages etc). It's not in the mountains though.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington