Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 10:15 AM

652 posts, read 681,956 times

Advertisements

I took a trip to Sequim, WA with my family back in 2011. We were there for 3 or 4 days. It was pretty much a weekend trip which is not enough to explore Sequim and what it had to offer us. I know for one thing that Sequim have a lot more to offer than my town down here in Woodland, WA. Anyways, here is a few pictures of the Jamestown S'Klallam Longhouse Market & Deli. I have many more pictures to share at a later time

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 02:06 PM

Here is a few more pictures from Sequim Bay State Park where we stayed at for our 1st night in Sequim. Don't worry, I have more pictures to share

Old 03-18-2012, 02:15 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,826,181 times
Did you make it down onto the spit at all? Went there for the first time in years last fall.

Did you make it to the Olympic Game Farm? Got a ton of pics there same trip, first time I had ever been.

I have really got to get them all and more off my phone and then I need to get my laptop to someplace with internet so I can add them to the WA picture thread. Only internet I have now is my 3G on the smartphone. Not adequate enough for uploading and posting pics especially in mass quantity.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:20 PM

Btw those are good shots of the bay! Keep posting!

Old 03-18-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
Did you make it down onto the spit at all? Went there for the first time in years last fall.

Did you make it to the Olympic Game Farm? Got a ton of pics there same trip, first time I had ever been.

I have really got to get them all and more off my phone and then I need to get my laptop to someplace with internet so I can add them to the WA picture thread. Only internet I have now is my 3G on the smartphone. Not adequate enough for uploading and posting pics especially in mass quantity.
Thank you, I'm surprise what I can do with my cheap Kodak 8.2 mega pixels camera. Sorry, I don't really know what you mean by the spit? I'm sad to say that I haven't made it to the Olympic Game Farm It was my main reason why I wanted to go visit Sequim. I wanted to see the wolves there. Wolves are my favorite animal and I love them very much I would of most likely gone there if I was the driver. My mom's boyfriend was the driver and he wanted to go back home the next day. We got to stay a while longer. I would not be very happy if we just stayed one night and leave the next day. We got there late in the day and didn't get a chance to explore Sequim for crying out loud. So, I don't know why he wanted to leave.

We stayed long enough to explore between Port Angeles and all the way over to Port Townsend. I would say someone would need at least a week if not longer to explore Sequim and the surrounding area. I love it up there and if I go back, I will definitely be going to the Olympic Game Farm

Old 03-18-2012, 05:36 PM

Dungeness Spit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amazing place.

The Olympic Game Farm certainly is an awesome place to visit. Give yourself a minimum of one full hour to make it through. I believe it took me an hour and a half to go through it myself.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:03 PM

Finally, here is a few pictures of downtown Sequim, WA. However, I do have more pictures of the surrounding area too.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:38 PM

Not too far from the highway 101 diner pictured above is a place called Islander Pizza and Pasta Shack. For something like $60 or $70, you can get a HUGE (something like 30 inches, and several pounds worth of pizza) pizza. If two people can eat the whole thing in under an hour, its free. Well just for fun one of my coworkers and I ordered it one night while we were in town on work (it was a big group of us, but we were the ones to take the challenge). Between the two of us, only half of it got eaten and we were beyond full. The next day at work lunch was bought for us travelers. Pizza. The coworker and I who had taken the challenge the night before went to McDonalds instead lol.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
Not too far from the highway 101 diner pictured above is a place called Islander Pizza and Pasta Shack. For something like $60 or $70, you can get a HUGE (something like 30 inches, and several pounds worth of pizza) pizza. If two people can eat the whole thing in under an hour, its free. Well just for fun one of my coworkers and I ordered it one night while we were in town on work (it was a big group of us, but we were the ones to take the challenge). Between the two of us, only half of it got eaten and we were beyond full. The next day at work lunch was bought for us travelers. Pizza. The coworker and I who had taken the challenge the night before went to McDonalds instead lol.
Yeah, I wanted to eat there at the highway 101 diner. I bet they would have some good food. We stayed at the Sundowner Motel for our 2nd night in sequim and its not far from the highway 101 diner. It was really quiet that night. It seems like me and my older brother was the only 2 people walking around a block that night. It seems like the whole town of sequim shuts down for the night. Which is nice and different from what I'm use to down here in Woodland, WA. It seems like everyone is out at night down here and making noise. I can imagine it being teenagers.

Hey, I'm 25yrs old and I like to hang out with the older crowd. Its bad enough that I gotta deal with teenagers at work. Anyways, I think sequim would fit me well.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:11 PM

If you're back out that way, head a little farther west into Port Angeles and go to Joshua's. Such good food, and they make the best Belgium waffle I've ever had! Great now I want some lol! If you're ever in PA early in the morning check out ****-a-doodle donuts. Better than Krispy Kreme!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington