Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2007, 11:03 AM

2 posts, read 34,191 times

Advertisements

We just moved to Wa. & need to know if you have to take a written test when you change you drivers license to this state? How long do you have before you must change them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 11:05 AM

5,641 posts, read 24,946,524 times
If you have a valid license from another state there is no test. I think there is a thirty day requirement once you move.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:16 PM

2 posts, read 34,191 times
Thank You so much...
Jovic

Old 09-16-2007, 01:20 PM

1,010 posts, read 4,910,446 times
I had to take the written test when I moved here - but I didn't get my WA license right away - I waited over a year. Maybe it depends on how soon you go to the licensing office after moving.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:40 PM
LMB

405 posts, read 1,892,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
I had to take the written test when I moved here - but I didn't get my WA license right away - I waited over a year. Maybe it depends on how soon you go to the licensing office after moving.
We just got our WA licenses last month. We moved here from out of state, and as long as we had a valid driver's license from another state (and other documentation to prove our identity) there was no testing required, other than a quick vision test. Maybe there is a time limit, but nothing was mentioned about that.

Could your license have expired, Wendy? That happened to our daughter when she moved to Seattle six years ago. She didn't have her car moved out yet, so she hadn't been driving and when she went in to get her WA license, she found her FL license had expired a few days before. She had to take the written and driving test, and the parallel parking part of the driving test almost flunked her. She'd never had to parallel park before. FL's "driving test" consists of driving around some cones in a parking lot! That explains a lot about the accident rate there, but that's another thread for another forum.

Lynn

Old 09-16-2007, 01:46 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,043,217 times
We moved here almost 6 months ago from Oregon and it was very easy to get our WA driver's licenses - pay a fee, show proof of who you are, and take an eye test and that was basically it - no written or driving test or anything like we have had to go through in other states. The fee's are a lot more expensive than other states, though, but everything is more expensive here for some reason.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:07 PM

1 posts, read 16,926 times
is the driving license test in seattle hard because i been stressing out thinking is hard i kno i can pass the driving part but im scared about the driving sectiong

Old 10-04-2007, 10:51 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,369,447 times
It's not that hard. As long as you can drive a standard transmission downtown in the rain with a honking Volvo sitting on your back bumper, you'll be fine. (just kidding)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: