U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-30-2012, 04:19 PM

3 posts, read 5,768 times

Advertisements

Ok people- I've heard lots of mixed reviews on Walla Walla. And I do understand that peoples responses are all just their own in respect to what they as individuals look for and enjoy. So here's our "background" so that you can hopefully give us a honest look at Walla Walla.

-We're very conservative.
-We have 2 young kids.
-We enjoy being outdoors, gardening, etc.
-We like to go to parks, play in city leagues), etc.
-We like seasons.
-We are coming from the Arizona and Las Vegas area- so take that into consideration if you mention anything regarding it being a "desert".
-My husband is interviewing for the St. Mary's/Providence hospital, so if any of you know anything about being an employee for them, that'd be great.
-One of our kids will be starting kindergarden, so really good schools is a necessity.
-Safety and accessibility to lots of other good/young kids is also a must.
-We really enjoy good fresh foods/produce.
-What about ease of shopping (wal-mart, target, costco, etc.?)

Will Walla Walla be a good or bad fit for us? A lot of the posts I've read prior mention it being a "geriatric area", but they were old posts. Is that really the case?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 12:38 AM

2 posts, read 2,386 times
From what I've heard about Walla Walla,it sounds like exactly what you're looking for. Would you have a problem with living in a town with gay people?

Old 05-06-2012, 12:46 AM

3 posts, read 5,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmer894 View Post
Would you have a problem with living in a town with gay people?
Why is living in a town with gay people relevant? Just because we're conservative doesn't make us discriminatory. My brother's gay- How is this necessary to the discussion of Walla Walla.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:01 PM

1 posts, read 753 times
We recently relocated out of walla walla. It is mostly mexican gangs now and shootings are common there. They have even been having mexican gang demonstrations in the streets. This problem has excalated dramatically in recent years and played a huge part in our decision to get out. The city politics are largely directed towards enlarged administration salaries instead fo putting money towards there infrastructure. Just take a drive down the city streets to confirm this. The admin in walla walla making over $80 k recently received a 7.5 percent raise while giving a cut to the public works department employees only a couple months before. I would recommend getting a house well out of town and all shopping is an hour away in tri cities area. If you are into the outdoors there is some great opportunities and some very nice surrounding small towns in dixie, waitesburg, touchet, etc.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:09 PM

7 posts, read 4,022 times
I identify with the OP. However these replies were not helpful. Anyone else have something positive to say about WW?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington