Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2006, 04:08 PM

2 posts, read 21,833 times

Advertisements

hi - i'm a single mom with 3 kids high school, middle school, elementary school. I'm taking a job at Boeing Everett and am looking to rent 4 br home, friendly to pets, in an area with excellent schools. Can anyone point me in the right direction of safe neighborhood - mid to upper end range -, with top schools, and a reasonable commute? I am coming from SF bay area - Marin - and would love to find comparable type of area, where you feel like you are in wilderness but are close enough to civilization for schools, shopping, culture, and kids can be active in local sports, etc.
Any help is greatly appreciated! I have never been to Washington and have no idea where to begin to look :-).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2006, 04:47 PM

42 posts, read 198,255 times
Nearby bedroom communities include Lake Stevens, and Marysville. Both are pretty, and big enough to have common amenities. Plus, Highway 2 will get you to Stevens Pass, and Eastern Washington, for some wilderness activities. There are more rural options too, to the north of Marysville or the East of Lake Stevens.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:02 PM

3 posts, read 20,625 times
Default Boeing relocation - do you know the details of how it works?

Hi! I just received a job offer for Boeing in Oregon (Portland) and was wondering if you knew how the relocation works..are they selling your current house? I'm anxious to know how this process will go...I can't afford two mortgages. Good luck in your relocation!

Julia

Old 09-19-2006, 10:55 PM

2 posts, read 21,833 times
hi Julia - I am actually working for a Boeing subcntractor but will be located on site at Boeing Everett, so i'm afraid I don't know any specifics about their relocation package, but for what it's worth i've heard it's good :-).
Good luck!
Naz dravi

Last edited by Naz Dravi; 09-19-2006 at 10:55 PM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 09-25-2006, 11:48 PM

3 posts, read 19,332 times
Good to have you move up from Marin. I love the SF area, but then again, i've only been there 5 times in 4 years. Good Schools. . . If you want Rural, i'd suggest looking towards Arlington/Stanwood. If you don't mind the urban setting, check into Marysville. If you want more of a mix, look at Lake Stevens and Snohomish. They are all good schools (I graduated from Snohomish-Go Panthers!), and I love the area. The commute can be a pain in the ***** many times, but it just depends on which point you come from. Just an FYI. Stay out of Lynnwood. Local paper is the Everett Herald. If you find someplace, post it here and us locals can give you the inside skinny of the neighborhood.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:30 PM

1 posts, read 10,881 times
Default Naz Dravi

Did you find a place to move near Boeing?

Old 03-06-2007, 10:37 PM

506 posts, read 2,573,583 times
Coming from SF I'd say try Kirkland, Bellevue, Bothell/Woodinville, sort of in that order. It's about 20-30 min from Boeing Everett. Mill Creek is nice too and closer to Boeing but IMO not as much *action* out there. Alternately, you could look for places on the Seattle side. Green Lake area comes to mind, very awesome in the summer. Places are typically smaller and older on the Seattle side though.

Old 03-17-2007, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 10,749 times
I have a lease on a 3bedroom 2 bath apartment through Sept. of 2007 that I need to brake at the end of April. The apartment is within walk-in distant to the high school, middle school, elementary school in the Habour Pointe area. Boeing Everett is about 2 miles away. This may be a place to start with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington