U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-23-2006, 10:16 PM

24 posts, read 140,080 times
Default Gig Harbor

can someone explain to me the site of Gig Harbor in relation to other towns? Like, is it across the sound from Seattle? What other cities are around it that I might look for a job? thanks!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2006, 10:58 PM

449 posts, read 39,862 times
If you see gig harbor as the starting point:

Tacoma next town east, just across the bridge (tacoma narrows)
Bremerton, next major town north, 25 minutes drive or so.

Seattle; can get there either north or east. North through Bremerton, then a 1 hour ferry ride. East through Tacoma, 45 to 60 minute drive with moderate traffic.

Olympia is the most major town to the south, best to go to Tacoma, then south.

jobs. Good question. What kind of work do you do?

From Gig Harbor most go east to Tacoma. beyond there you can find work along the I-5 Corridor (milton, Federal Way etc.)

take a peek at any mapping program or download Google earth to see what there is city wise.

Give us more info as to your talents or skills and there may be more information that we can give you.

The dufferz

Old 09-24-2006, 11:40 PM

24 posts, read 140,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dufferz View Post
If you see gig harbor as the starting point:

Tacoma next town east, just across the bridge (tacoma narrows)
Bremerton, next major town north, 25 minutes drive or so.

Seattle; can get there either north or east. North through Bremerton, then a 1 hour ferry ride. East through Tacoma, 45 to 60 minute drive with moderate traffic.

Olympia is the most major town to the south, best to go to Tacoma, then south.

jobs. Good question. What kind of work do you do?

From Gig Harbor most go east to Tacoma. beyond there you can find work along the I-5 Corridor (milton, Federal Way etc.)

take a peek at any mapping program or download Google earth to see what there is city wise.

Give us more info as to your talents or skills and there may be more information that we can give you.

The dufferz
thanks dufferz! I work in Administrative type setting. Owned my own school fundraising company for a few years,so can do most anything;ie Human Resources,payroll,etc. But prefer Customer Care type work. Worked several years for Sears telecenter doing data entry and taking phone orders for Craftsman and Specialty Merchandise. My daughter will be practicing medicine and is finishing up her doctorate now which is why we can't move until May. Not sure where she will be working but she has interviews set up with doctors in your area in December. We're flying there to check out the area first week of Dec.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:52 PM

449 posts, read 39,862 times
Southerngirl

December is one of the best times to visit. Many visit here in the summer and see the area when the weather is best and fall in love with everywhere. December is great because the weather will be cool to cold and damp to wet, so you will see what things are like at our "worst".

Depending on how long you will be here, there is a ton of areas to check out for possible areas to live. It sounds like your job situation allows you to plant your feet anywhere there is a business, so that is a good thing.

So, back to you with this question. In the ideal world, what does the perfect hometown/home look like in your world? In the puget sound area we have a little bit of everything for every budget, so keep in mind that if you have a budget limit for housing, that would be helpful to know (at least a ball park estimate).

The dufferz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington