Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 12:03 AM

726 posts, read 1,367,551 times

Advertisements

Hi. I will likely be moving to Sequim or the area north/east/west of Sequim.

I would like to find out about the utilities inside the city limits as well as the surrounding area if that is different. Who is the provider(s), is there a choice, price, how the price compares to other areas, and quality of service. Any info you could provide would be appreciated on the following:

electricity
water/sewage
cable
high speed internet
other utilities? gas?

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 06:18 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times
Much of it is on septic and wells, with no gas unless you have an LP tank. Many people use the dump, it's very cheap there, rather than garbage service. In the City limits water and sewer are from the City, garbage from DM services, electric from Clallam County PUD and
residential is .065/kwh plus about $21 service charge/month, pretty reasonable.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:54 AM

576 posts, read 2,260,733 times
Adding to Hemlock's post. Wave Broadband seems to be the popular internet provider here. I noticed they have a special right now for internet service with speeds (up to) 50 Mb down for $75 a month.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:03 PM

726 posts, read 1,367,551 times
Hi. Thank you both for the info.

Where is the dump?

$75 sounds really steep for just internet... is that a bundle deal with cable?

Old 01-04-2013, 04:43 PM

576 posts, read 2,260,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freepelican View Post
Where is the dump?

$75 sounds really steep for just internet... is that a bundle deal with cable?
The dump near Sequim is up Blue Mountain Road. The other dump is in Port Angeles at the west end of 18th St.

That's just the high speed internet fee but you may not need 40 or 50 Mb down. There are other various stand alone and bundle options available through Wave. Probably the easiest thing to do is to check out their website: Cable TV, Internet, Phone - Washington, Oregon, California | Wave Broadband and then put in the zip code (for Sequim it's 98382). This will then show you what the various internet, phone and TV options are for the area and give you a feel for tech costs-

Old 01-09-2013, 02:24 PM

510 posts, read 889,029 times
I have a well and septic. Wave Broadband internet only runs about $56/month for the high speed. If you are outside the city, you can burn in your yard for parts of the year. Where I'm located, cell reception is poor--may not get any at all some days.

Also, depending on where you live...if a nice yard is your thing, you can get irrigation water. It is I think $15/month unlimited water between April 15 and Sept 15. You can leave the hoses/spriklers on all day. There are some new water usage rules coming from the watershed authority that may limit this in the future. (The water is pumped from the river)

Last edited by rainforest338; 01-09-2013 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: more stuff

Old 01-15-2013, 02:55 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,693,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Much of it is on septic and wells, with no gas unless you have an LP tank. Many people use the dump, it's very cheap there, rather than garbage service. In the City limits water and sewer are from the City, garbage from DM services, electric from Clallam County PUD and
residential is .065/kwh plus about $21 service charge/month, pretty reasonable.
Do you happen to know the going rate for propane now? It was pretty expensive a few years back. Since I don't have it now but may in the future, I was just wondering what the price is now. Thanks, your posts are really informative.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:39 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Do you happen to know the going rate for propane now? It was pretty expensive a few years back. Since I don't have it now but may in the future, I was just wondering what the price is now. Thanks, your posts are really informative.
I haven't been there since early fall but then it was about $2.50/gallon delivered to your tank. Like gasoline, it can vary day-to-day/month-to-month. They still don't have any natural gas there, even in town.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:57 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,693,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I haven't been there since early fall but then it was about $2.50/gallon delivered to your tank. Like gasoline, it can vary day-to-day/month-to-month. They still don't have any natural gas there, even in town.
Thanks and it's for that reason (varying day-to-day) is why I don't like it for home heating. Thanks again.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:58 PM

121 posts, read 292,456 times
Default Sequim utilities

You can also get DSL internet thru Century Link. High speed DSL (for streaming movies) bundled with local land line phone is $45.00 a month (one year promotion). Go on line and Google Century Link internet, Sequim area to see their current rates and promotions. If you want to have a vegetable garden or irrigate, open this link and study the map before you buy! Dungeness Rule restricts outdoor water use :: Sequim Gazette

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington