Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 10:07 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,802,098 times

Advertisements

The only real crappy part of I-90 is the gawd awful noisy stretch past Ellensburg through Snoqaulmie pass and into Seattle, so freaking rough and harsh, you can hardly hear yourself think and i've just done it three times and will be doing it a 4th time when I move from Montana to Seattle next week. At least the stretch from Spokane to Kittitass is nice and quiet. Montana's section is good in some places, poor in others, especially over Fourth of July and Lookout Passes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 10:12 PM

412 posts, read 1,153,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
The only real crappy part of I-90 is the gawd awful noisy stretch past Ellensburg through Snoqaulmie pass and into Seattle, so freaking rough and harsh, you can hardly hear yourself think and i've just done it three times and will be doing it a 4th time when I move from Montana to Seattle next week. At least the stretch from Spokane to Kittitass is nice and quiet. Montana's section is good in some places, poor in others, especially over Fourth of July and Lookout Passes
At least the road will keep ya awake if you're sleepy.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:21 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
I was talking about the same stretch. I have never been on I-90 east of Ellensburg. I will have to go to Spokane some day and try this part of the freeway. Driving long distances is one of my hobbies

Old 07-30-2013, 04:47 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,802,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
I was talking about the same stretch. I have never been on I-90 east of Ellensburg. I will have to go to Spokane some day and try this part of the freeway. Driving long distances is one of my hobbies
Its pretty much a smooth and dark black flattop all the way to Spokane for miles and miles with nothing to watch but farms going buy and the desert.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:19 PM

302 posts, read 499,683 times
In my many miles of driving, in Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Kentucky, the Carolina's, Indiana, Delaware, Ohio, Illinois, Arkansas, Missouri, Alabama, and the Virginia's, I found one things to be true: Each state in the US has a road that could be dangerous and extreme, but out of all those roads, only I-70, going through Boone County, Missouri was bad enough to totally damage my car, hubby's truck and a friend's SUV. My car at the time was totaled, the Truck had to have extensive work and the SUV was totaled.

I hope, if I-90 is as bad as people are saying, that I won't have to travel on it.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:49 AM

Don't worry I-90 won't total your car, it's just unpleasant to be inside the car while driving through the pass because the road surface is rough and it's super noisy. The potholes from the winter were fixed.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:22 AM

302 posts, read 499,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Don't worry I-90 won't total your car, it's just unpleasant to be inside the car while driving through the pass because the road surface is rough and it's super noisy. The potholes from the winter were fixed.
Thanks, rough surface I can deal with up to a point, and happily, I am deaf, so noise is not an issue for me. I live next to an International Airport and don't hear the planes overhead and they rattle windows. I am 1 mile from the runway.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:01 PM

611 posts, read 1,205,028 times
Ultimately you have to consider that you are driving over a mountain pass when you drive I-90 in that area. Hard to compare it to the roads in Japan or Western Europe. It's like comparing apples to oranges. The mountains are much more exposed to the elements and anyone planning a trip over the pass needs to remember that they are now driving at elevation and should be prepared for such a trip.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:45 AM

Europe has a lot of tunnels in the mountains, so you don't deal with curves, falling rocks and snow in the winter.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:58 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,826,181 times
Just went to Soap Lake over the weekend. I-90 was fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington