Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 08:15 PM

12 posts, read 83,092 times

Advertisements

Spokane meets your requirements, but once you get away from the city it's pretty conservative, so just keep that in mind if you look out in that direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2006, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,195 times
Default How About Wenatchee, Washington

Wenatchee, in the geographic center of the state, might be an excellent choice. We were recently named the "Safest City In Washington State". The median home price here is currently about $210,000. We have a large medical center and the Central Washington hospital AND a very progressive and expanding community college... with ties to Central Washington University and Washington State University distance learning. We have a large multi-racial population. Moderator cut: Removed

Last edited by xxman777; 11-06-2006 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: Sorry no Advertising

Old 01-19-2007, 06:05 PM

49 posts, read 247,177 times
port angeles sounds good for you. its on the water, next to the mountains and some nice lakes. and, its not too far from the ocean. port angeles has nice schools, and a community college with some 4 yr. classes

Old 02-01-2007, 07:24 AM

6 posts, read 19,620 times
I agree with Maeve on Olympia. We live in Beachcrest a private community that owns their own beach front and the price of homes are quite low. My family is a mix of arab,mexican and french and we have never experienced any trouble. This is a neighborhood that looks out for one another. We have lived here for about 11yrs. from Ca. and this neighborhood is a mix of korean, white and black.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:23 AM

11 posts, read 66,363 times
Hi Henrysmom,

I agree, the Olympia / Lacey area is great and you may want to check out Tumwater and the outlying areas. It's a pretty diverse community the water and boating is great! Pretty nice waterfront and parks available. Very family oriented community. I love it here. Born and raised and now raising my 4 year old daughter, couldn't imagine doing it anywhere else. Good Luck!

=)
sodwyer

Old 02-22-2007, 02:18 PM

559 posts, read 2,115,851 times
I work for Harrison Medical Center in Bremerton; our cardiac surgery center was just rated #1 in the state. We have tons of jobs we are hiring for; I have given you the link below for both nursing and clinical professional jobs. And by the way, Harrison pays well, maybe not by California standards, but certainly by most hospital standards.

http://hmc.jobscience.com/JsrApp/ind...4=3915&keyword=

http://hmc.jobscience.com/JsrApp/ind...4=3916&keyword=

Our community is made up of a great mix of people, and there are certainly many homes for sale. The area I live in is beautiful; a lot of the doctors live out here. My home is about 1450 and is on 4.4 beautiful forested acres in the country; it appraised for 370,000. There is a brand new house up for sale just up the road from us; it is on the market for $299,000.

By the way, the picture it shows is a picture of the model of the house, but it is not the actual site the house is on.

If you want more information, feel free to send me a private message, and I'll give you whatever additional information you need. Also, if you are looking at working at Harrison, you should look for houses in Seabeck, Silverdale, Poulsbo, Port Orchard, and some areas of Bremerton, in that order.

You are only a ferry boat ride away from Seattle, which amounts to 30 minutes to an hour, depending on which area you live in. Many folks on this side of the sound actually work in Seattle. Personally, I think our hospital beats any of the ones on the other side, save UW.

Last edited by Yac; 02-23-2007 at 04:37 AM.. Reason: Link to a realtor site.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:13 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightcopperkettles View Post
I work for Harrison Medical Center in Bremerton; our cardiac surgery center was just rated #1 in the state. ...Personally, I think our hospital beats any of the ones on the other side, save UW.
I will second that, Harrison bailed my dad out several times when he was a Retsil resident, and sleeping in the parking garage isn't too bad either , tho there are some spots to get away for extended naps in the lobby area. I was thinking I should get a part-time job there after the 4th extended stay and surgery. It was a 6 hr daily commute, so I just worked via computer every-other day and drove back and forth in the wee hours.

I was pleasantly suprised and felt well cared for using Harrison, in a variety of disciplines. Even my very picky 'Practitioner' sister from the east coast didn't have negative things to say about care when she would breeze in on occasion.

Old 02-24-2007, 01:24 AM

9 posts, read 54,731 times
it is a mixed bag...you would like the Evergreen state college area-near the water area the South sound you may find an acceptable area There are 2 mina hospitals locally-neither of them exceptional in my opinion-I have the same profession. You will need to commute northward for more prestigious hospitals. Other hospitals in a commutable distance south or west are more rural and have some expected rural drawbacks. You wont find the same amenities or progressiveness as Calif and will find some disappointment though you may adjust to that over time.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:28 AM

9 posts, read 104,990 times
The only thing about Spokane is I would not say it is Racialy very diverse. I would stay near seattle for that reason, I would look in Bothell area! Rachael

Old 10-27-2008, 06:14 PM

13 posts, read 35,671 times
Default Moving in 8 months to Washington

Hello, We are from Northern California. (Bay Area). We are planning on moving to Washington state maybe north of seattle. Were looking for a good city to live in. I have read some of the replies on some of the other questions and there were helpfull, but We are interested in a higher % caucasian comminuty where people are nice and not so mean. We have a 4 year old with ADHD and she needs some extra help. So needless to say we need the better schools and not so expensive housing. Oh and some where the crime is not so dare high.

Please help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington