Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 12:52 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,808,419 times

Advertisements

I remember reading a few years back that Washington was the fastest growing state for Hispanics for a state that doesn't border Mexico, but borders Canada.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:57 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,808,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I'd like to know where this is too. We have in our area a lot of Indians and some Asians but very few Hispanics. In my travels around the state I only notice then in any significant numbers in the farming areas like Yakima, and near Lake Chelan. Even there, the orchard farmers complain that they cannot get enough workers to pick the crops, as the usual Hispanic workers are getting old or are afraid of getting deported.
Most of the towns in the Yakima valley have a majority Hispanic population. Also towns and cities in the Columbia Basin such as Quincy, Mattawa, Royal City, Othello, Pasco, and Warden all have a Hispanic majority. Mattawa is now over 95% Hispanic.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:28 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,647 posts, read 57,711,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
...Why is WA attracting so many hispanics considering we are so far from the border? Are the border states full?
1) Oregon tightened ID rules, so illegals need to come to WA for EZ ID's (plus i

2) In OR it is Mandatory to show proof of insurance to get tabs... Not so in WA. That saves 40% of the WA drivers a bundle, cuz they HAVE no insurance! (and COSTS you and I a bundle (my WA insurance is 3x my previous state Ins)

3) Left wing conspiracy. MORE VOTES = WINING elections = more gravy jobs with no deliverables EXCEPT getting re-elected..

4) Tolerant locals

5) VERY lax police compared to other states (and supported to STAY that way).

6) More jobs that OR or CA

7) less apt to get 'Carded', so far from MX.

8) cheaper to live in WA than CA

Old 05-09-2013, 04:34 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,542,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalCat View Post
Gee, I wonder whether the Native Americans thought this same way when the first ships started arriving on their shores.

Seriously, America is known as a melting pot because we DO have so many cultures here. It's a good thing. Try getting to know your neighbors. You might actually like them.
I personally like Hispanics. I love their values and strong family ties. That said, I would add that controlled immigration is a good thing. I think it's very important that new immigrants are given time to assimilate. Seriously, it's not as if all immigrants are coming from countries that are model examples of a society. They don't all leave that behind. Controlled and vetted immigration works, uncontrolled/illegal does not.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:52 AM

5,075 posts, read 11,032,501 times
Quote:
This is not true. 2010 census showed a 71% increase in hispancs in WA alone between 2000 and 2010 compared to .1 and 2% for other races such as Asians, Blacks, etc.
Does that really support the premise of the thread though?

Old 05-09-2013, 09:57 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,792,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arushan View Post
It's the changing face of America. Time to accept it. I don't mind having them around, they add character to neighborhoods.
The largest no-violet takeover of one country by another in history. Thanks to our worthless politicians.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:13 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,658,513 times
Quote:
Ugh, what threads are you talking about?

I AM brown buddy...

I don't care that they are brown, great argument though. Bravo.

Yeah, I'll tell you what, there are 14 Mexicans living in a 2 bed 1 bath that you can have move in next door to you. Come get them. They just want to have a good life.

Bringing in educated Chinese and Indians (also brown people FYI) makes sense because they are the least likely to be a drain on society. Most are MD's, Software Developers, etc Uneducated illegals from Latin counties are among the most likely to be a drain on society. It shows in their culture and it affects OUR quality of life.
So these are the wrong type of brown for you?

If they can afford the houses across the street from you then they are probably at the same socio-economic status as you (maybe more so if they have so many children and cars but can still afford it), which means you can't really look down on them without seeing at your own boots.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:35 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,827,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
So these are the wrong type of brown for you?

If they can afford the houses across the street from you then they are probably at the same socio-economic status as you (maybe more so if they have so many children and cars but can still afford it), which means you can't really look down on them without seeing at your own boots.

You have very poor reading and critical thinking skills. AS I SAID, there are multiple families living in ONE house. They rent. They can only afford to live by sharing the expenses.

Oh, and I guarantee you they don't have the same socio-economic status as me. lol I'm not going to get into my finances with you on a public forum.

You claim it's a color thing, and I'm not going to spend time trying to convince people who clearly don't get it and are illegal apologists (probably because you are an illegal). As I've noted in my OP, their culture in general promotes mass poverty. There is a reason we have laws about how many people can live in a house. When you have a dozen people living in a 2 bedroom 1 bath, their noise level and cars parked all over the street affects the quality of life of those around them. Many of them illegal, taking jobs from LEGAL Residents, and filling schools with their multiple children, overcrowding our educational system. I hear the commericals on the radio, oh, our schools are crowded, please pay more taxes, vote yes on proposition X.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:23 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,658,513 times
If these people are breaking the law then report them. Noise infractions, parking violations, housing violations, lease violations, etc. Then they will be gone and you can complain about Hispanic people you see in the street instead. Easy.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:48 AM

393 posts, read 1,493,810 times
Quote:
Oh, and I guarantee you they don't have the same socio-economic status as me. lol I'm not going to get into my finances with you on a public forum.
So what? They can't live near you because they don't make the same amount of money?

Quote:
You claim it's a color thing, and I'm not going to spend time trying to convince people who clearly don't get it and are illegal apologists (probably because you are an illegal).
I don't think that accusing people who don't share your views of probably being an illegal serves to promote your cause at all.

Quote:
As I've noted in my OP, their culture in general promotes mass poverty.
How do you figure? What do you know about their culture? You'd have to get to know them to really understand what it's all about.

Quote:
Many of them illegal, taking jobs from LEGAL Residents, and filling schools with their multiple children, overcrowding our educational system. I hear the commericals on the radio, oh, our schools are crowded, please pay more taxes, vote yes on proposition X.
They aren't taking any jobs from legal residents. They're doing jobs legal residents don't want to do...jobs that legal residents think are below them.

You don't know that they're illegal. Have you asked them if they're citizens of this country? Do you even know if they were born elsewhere? The answers might surprise you.

Their kids are getting an education? Good for them! Maybe someday one of them will become president. Does that scare you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington