U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 07:11 PM

34 posts, read 138,003 times

Advertisements

I work in Law Enforcement in the Puyallup/South Hill area and can help you in that regard. One poster noted Milton and I would agree to include Edgewood which is next door to Milton. Both towns are close to the I5 which would give you quick and easy access north to Seattle and South the JBLM. Small communities with dedicated police departments.

Puyallup (South Hill, not the city) has experienced massive growth the past 10 years thus as the poster above noted, there tends me to alot of strip malls south of the city limits into South Hill and Graham. I don't think it's that bad but thats me.

Alot of military and police officers live in "Sunrise" and "Gem Heights" neighborhoods of South Hill Puyallup. Large planned communities with homes, condos, parks, walking trails, etc. I live in the Sunrise area and like it.

Regarding crime, I would not live in the city of Puyallup. There is a difference between unincorporated and incorporated (city) Puyallup. The city of Puyallup runs about 8 blocks south of the South Hill Mall and north to the base of the S. Meridian Hill which leads you up to Edgewood and Milton. City of Puyallup has alot of property crime to include vehicle prowls, burglaries, stolen vehicles, etc. You can tell if it's city if the addresses are smaller for example 317 5th St NE (city) vs 17600 114th Ave E (unincorporated). The city of Puyallup does not go above 5000 for reference sake.

All of that to say I would recommend Milton/Edgewood or South Hill Puyallup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 09:35 PM

172 posts, read 329,370 times
Bump.

We will be at JBLM within the year and I am tearing my hair out trying to decide where to live, too. Just wanted to bump this up and see if anyone else has suggestions. In our case we have one in high school, so that matters. We would like to be closer to Seattle rather than farther away, for the same reasons that have been listed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington