Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 01:34 AM

5 posts, read 7,853 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My very first post, although I have been reading a lot.
This is a great site with a wealth of information.

Trying to narrow down my search in Snohomish County, and I need some advice.
Where are the safest and friendlier areas in this county if one was to relocate here?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 05:54 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,570 posts, read 81,147,605 times
Edmonds would be my first choice, followed by the part of Bothell in the county, Mill Creek, Mountlake Terrace, and Lake Stevens. Others such as Everett, Lynnwood, Arlington, Stanwood, Monroe and Snohomish are all OK but have some parts to avoid. Marysville has some OK areas east of I5, but west has a lot of crime, drugs, and drunk drivers. Once you get out to the far out areas like Gold Bar, Granite Falls there are major meth problems.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:41 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Maltby… convenient, safe, little known except to area locals, and home of Flower World, and the Maltby Cafe!

Old 01-14-2014, 09:51 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Maltby… convenient, safe, little known except to area locals, and home of Flower World, and the Maltby Cafe!
Maltby is seldom brought up here but it's very nice, definitely under the radar.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:21 AM

719 posts, read 987,266 times
I like Monroe. Plus the direct drive into Seattle isn't bad. Everett has horrendous traffic every night generated by the foolishly-conceived interchange with Rt. 2 headed east out of town. It's a rare day when there isn't a backup in this location, sometimes even on weekends.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:40 AM

1,979 posts, read 3,525,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Edmonds would be my first choice, followed by the part of Bothell in the county, Mill Creek, Mountlake Terrace, and Lake Stevens. Others such as Everett, Lynnwood, Arlington, Stanwood, Monroe and Snohomish are all OK but have some parts to avoid. Marysville has some OK areas east of I5, but west has a lot of crime, drugs, and drunk drivers. Once you get out to the far out areas like Gold Bar, Granite Falls there are major meth problems.
Mukilteo is great, too! And I believe some parts of Woodinville might be in Snohomish County. Is Duvall in Snohomish County, or King?

Old 01-14-2014, 11:48 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,339,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
Mukilteo is great, too! And I believe some parts of Woodinville might be in Snohomish County. Is Duvall in Snohomish County, or King?
Duvall's in King County.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:20 PM

5 posts, read 7,853 times
Thank you for all of your replies.

We have briefly been to Mill Creek and parts of Bothell, and even ate at Maltby's Café (was crazy busy).
I will definitely research these areas, as well as the others mentioned.

Thanks again.

Old 01-14-2014, 03:13 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,147,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmgc View Post
Thank you for all of your replies.

We have briefly been to Mill Creek and parts of Bothell, and even ate at Maltby's Café (was crazy busy).
I will definitely research these areas, as well as the others mentioned.

Thanks again.
Maltby Cafe has been crazy-busy since a friend sent me there c. 2004. And probably years (decades?) before that, too. I "think" it is best game around for breakfast, at least within a couple miles and thus draws in everyone and their brother Sam on weekends. When I lived up that way, always made sure to be there by 8AM.

(Finding new breakfast spots on weekends is a fun thing I like to do. Anywhere within 40 miles of Kirkland is fair game these days.)

As for living there, it's a bit out of the way. With the good and bad associated therein. Hwy 522 is next door, though. Depends how rural one wants to be: I'm "guessing" OP from Honolulu(?) might want something a bit more-urban, thus closer to the town centers of Mill Creek, Snohomish, or even Everett (the nicer parts).

I lived in Mill Creek for more than a decade, only major complaint being inability to actually get anywhere during commute hours. Put 15-16K/miles per year on various cars and motorcycles due to commuting, plus constant travel for cultural events in Seattle and eastside. I recall few events of-note in Mill Creek, Everett, or points north, though that isn't the same as saying there is "nothing" to do in those places, either: depends what you like.

That's the big drawback, plus all the wasted time dealing with freeway disasters.

Old 01-14-2014, 03:19 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,072,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Maltby Cafe has been crazy-busy since a friend sent me there c. 2004. And probably years (decades?) before that, too. I "think" it is best game around for breakfast, at least within a couple miles and thus draws in everyone and their brother Sam on weekends. When I lived up that way, always made sure to be there by 8AM.
I wonder why Snohomish County hasn't zoned more small commercial spots with all the new houses going in around there. Seems like there's an opportunity for a few additional corner markets and neighborhood cafes. But who knows, maybe the folks living out there don't want none of that 'city stuff' encroaching on their burb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington