Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2014, 08:27 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,019,707 times

Advertisements

It's like every company out here has employees that smoke weed and therefore don't really care about their jobs. It just shouldn't be this hard. Even Google, Yelp and others are failing me, and I don't understand.

I need help. I'm desperate. I'm posting here, because you're normal people. Well, some of you.

All I need are some contractors that actually CARE about getting work done. Meaning, whether I call them on a Tuesday or a Sunday, someone answers and takes my call, sends someone out to assess and give me a price - or if they're just an hourly, what's that hourly rate, and how long will it take, so I can have money available and ready.

If you know of or can recommend someone for any of these I would appreciate it.

The work I need done on my newly purchased house is:
  • I need to replace the crawlspace door with something more robust or, barring that, replace the well with one that has a locking cover. I've done searches for the past hour and simply don't find any except "Turtl" which I find to be overpriced (over $800). I'm tempted to do this myself but, I'm new to crawlspaces. Every house I've been in has just been solid foundation with all the goodies in the attic, even my current townhome.
  • I need to get the crawlspace cleaned out, new vapor barrier installed, ducts and insulation inspected (energy efficiency inspection or whatever).
  • I need the roof moss removed. There's not a lot. It's only visible on like the west side of the house and I'd say even then it's a small amount. But whichever company I go with, they need to come see the house, tell me how much it will cost after seeing it, THEN i'll pay them. Not "give us your credit card, we'll come out and decide whether we want to charge you more money".
  • I need the gutters cleaned, downspouts cleaned and checked, one of the downspouts is not aligned with the drain, and there's a small crack on the corner. Again, come out, inspect it, tell me how much, and I'll (decide to) pay at that time. Really tempted to do this one myself.
  • There are three trees in the backyard. I'd like to have them cut down and de-stumped (pending HOA approval). Need to know cost on that one only, that's a future job, as the trees are leaving way too much debris on my roof, they block views, and they eat up too much of the backyard because the base is so large.
  • There's a raised wooden dealie with dirt in the backyard; I'd like to plateau the land so it's all the same height and then re-sod it so it's all grass. Just need a cost estimate on that one, I assume it'll be expensive.
  • I need the attic cleaned of some bird stuff, nothing major, but something I want to get done eventually, and then get screens repaired.
  • The hallway bathroom's vent duct in the attic apparently became disconnected from the roof at some point and the previous owners never noticed it, so I need it re-attached. I can probably do this one, but if the attic cleaners offer this service for a small extra, I'd rather they just do it at the same time.
  • Need chimney sweep service.

Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington