Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 11:49 AM

5,585 posts, read 5,013,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robcat33 View Post
I asked them about that but they said its been pretty much resolved by law enforcement. Apparently they were Ukrainian. You'll run the risk of getting cleaned out if you live out in the sticks anywhere though. They know their odds are good even with an alarm system. Im just glad to be out of south Texas. The mexican mafia has quite a foothold now and the police are helpless in a lot of areas. They have burglary teams that will drive to small towns and hit house to house all day and very little is done about it. Definitely much more dramatic than the Russians get in Washington.Theres some really nice affordable houses in Maple Falls but if you need to commute for work it could get interesting. The roads are pretty treacherous during winter
I would be retired and at home. No work no commuting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 12:03 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Did you not just say this today? I'm sure there's someone but I don't know anyone that wants to move from Washington to Texas.

On page four of this study it shows that Washington is #7 of states receiving Texans. Washington is not even in the top ten of states moving into Texas. http://demographics.texas.gov/Resour...cMigration.pdf
Yeah, Texas is not on the radar of any Washingtonians I've ever known. Dream on, robcat.

Old 10-19-2016, 12:56 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzmark View Post
Dude you need to go to the south side of Chicago or Harlem New York or Maryvale Phoenix Arizona. Washington state is like a church with an entire congregation of 40 year old virgin women compared to most places.
That's why I like statistics. They are far superior to an individual's generalizations. Washington has a lot of property crime but is well below the national average when it comes to violent crime.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:52 PM

140 posts, read 139,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, Texas is not on the radar of any Washingtonians I've ever known. Dream on, robcat.
Demographic charts don't say squat. How would you ever track all the people who dont live there full time? They're not "Texans" are they? Everyones moving to Seattle but most rural areas of Washington Ive seen only have a bunch of seasonal visitors as well, from out of state. So how does that get calculated in your chart? I personally know people in Austin that hold Washington residency, one of them with homes in four states. Not as many as most places of course but they're there. There's just a handful of people on here that are self-entitled and want to tell other people their business. That's life. I use to be the same way so I understand that logic. I grew up but i understand.

Old 10-19-2016, 03:00 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Demographic charts don't say squat. How would you ever track all the people who dont live there full time? They're not "Texans" are they? Everyones moving to Seattle but most rural areas of Washington Ive seen only have a bunch of seasonal visitors as well, from out of state. So how does that get calculated in your chart? I personally know people in Austin that hold Washington residency, one of them with homes in four states. Not as many as most places of course but they're there. There's just a handful of people on here that are self-entitled and want to tell other people their business. That's life. I use to be the same way so I understand that logic. I grew up but i understand.
I'm not sure I would characterize it as growing up so much as finding yourself in the position of wanting to move to a sought after location and rationalizing that which you were frustrated by when it was your location being pummeled.

Also, the census data that shows that Texas is the second largest contributor to Washington via state to state migration is based on data such as license plate exchange, so it's actual moves.

"...did you know about the Texas surge? In 2011, for the first time, more Texans than Oregonians relocated to King County. Since then, Texas has remained firmly in second place behind California.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...ut-from-where/

Last edited by Seacove; 10-19-2016 at 03:09 PM..

Old 10-19-2016, 04:36 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
I do not like sunshine. It's too hot for me here and it doesn't rain enough here.
Pacifica is too hot???

What about Humboldt?

Old 10-19-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure I would characterize it as growing up so much as finding yourself in the position of wanting to move to a sought after location and rationalizing that which you were frustrated by when it was your location being pummeled.

Also, the census data that shows that Texas is the second largest contributor to Washington via state to state migration is based on data such as license plate exchange, so it's actual moves.

"...did you know about the Texas surge? In 2011, for the first time, more Texans than Oregonians relocated to King County. Since then, Texas has remained firmly in second place behind California.

Newcomers arriving in record numbers, but from where? | The Seattle Times
I know some Native Americans who would be fascinated by your views on migration. And most vacationers Ive encountered dont get their plates swapped. We got Florida plates a plenty in Austin. As Ive said ive been visiting Washington most of my life and never heard any animosity towards Texans. Youre just looking for someone to blame for all your lifes problems. We've all been there. And no i didnt like seeing Austin explode with people from out of state but what are you really going to do about it besides complain on these forums? Decide who has a right to live in your state? I stayed with an airbnb in Kalispell this summer and they said they're starting to get waves of retirees from Washington escaping the crowd, just like most of those Texans you bash. Maybe some of them moved there for no other reason than they wanted to. Who knows. The argument is null and void. There's going to come a point when you die and your family decides to move out of Washington to escape the very same things everyone else is. I just hope they don't have to listen to bunch of gibberish about all these rotten outsiders cramping their style. That obviously doesn't work

Old 10-19-2016, 05:10 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
I know some Native Americans who would be fascinated by your views on migration. And most vacationers Ive encountered dont get their plates swapped. We got Florida plates a plenty in Austin. As Ive said ive been visiting Washington most of my life and never heard any animosity towards Texans. Youre just looking for someone to blame for all your lifes problems. We've all been there. And no i didnt like seeing Austin explode with people from out of state but what are you really going to do about it besides complain on these forums? Decide who has a right to live in your state? I stayed with an airbnb in Kalispell this summer and they said they're starting to get waves of retirees from Washington escaping the crowd, just like most of those Texans you bash. Maybe some of them moved there for no other reason than they wanted to. Who knows. The argument is null and void. There's going to come a point when you die and your family decides to move out of Washington to escape the very same things everyone else is. I just hope they don't have to listen to bunch of gibberish about all these rotten outsiders cramping their style. That obviously doesn't work
Your response seems so contradictory to what you wrote two days ago. I thought you of all people would understand. If "waves of Washingtonians" are escaping to Kalispell to escape the hoards of people moving to Washington, perhaps Texans should just go directly to Kalispell and save the moving costs?

Quote:
Colorado is a good example of what happens when you let outside money destroy culture. Ive been visiting there my whole life and it was once the happiest state in the country. Then the front range got flooded and everyone became miserable because theres just no room left. Coming from Austin I can tell you that kind of environment can suck the good vibes right out of you. Ever get caught in Denver rush hour before? Or even Fort Collins? Ive visited Washington many times and I never got that "freeze" people speak of. Certainly not the attitude I got from people in Colorado

Old 10-19-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
I would be retired and at home. No work no commuting.
Well my girlfriends taking a job in Bellingham and we both need to work. But if I was retiring I would check out the Peninsula too. Lots of nice places to be found. Quinault is my favorite place there by far. But it is surrounded by federal land and most houses fall on forest service land, so recreational use only. Lots of fees and roadblocks to that and I personally wouldn't want to buy a property I didn't own outright. To each their own though. I will say the Natives despise people drawing water from the lake as they hold it quite sacred but theres other places to look in the area. They also get 7 feet of rain each winter so you'd need to be ready for that buts indeed a beautiful place.

Old 10-19-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Your response seems so contradictory to what you wrote two days ago. I thought you of all people would understand. If "waves of Washingtonians" are escaping to Kalispell to escape the hoards of people moving to Washington, perhaps Texans should just go directly to Kalispell and save the moving costs?
If there were any jobs in Montana than I wouldn't have even came back to Texas to get my clothes. I love that state too! As far as Colorado goes I wasn't attacking the people moving in from out of state. That's your business. I was just pointing out the sad state that Colorado is in because of that growth. Washington is NOT Colorado. You are NOT getting pummeled the way that they are and you never will. You have winters in place to see to that. They're cold, dark, wet and can leave you without sunlight for weeks at a time. Ive been there through a winter and like it but most people don't. Colorado is a happy medium for people escaping bad weather, as is Texas. Look up Population growth by state and see for yourself why everyones moving there. You obviously spend a lot of your time rubbing people the wrong way on Washington, hoping that will somehow stop whats happening, but good luck trying to control the world around you. I have a world of friends in Washington, most of them natives. They're frustrated for the same reasons you are but they understand its a national problem. They "move on" if you can understand what i mean by that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington