U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2014, 04:40 AM

854 posts, read 818,609 times

Advertisements

I want to visit some haunted or creepy areas in the Washington area. Have any suggestions. Sorry about the typo, I meant to say hear them. Stupid auto correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 10:25 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
25,847 posts, read 44,608,782 times
We spent an interesting night at the Palace Hotel in Port Townsend. After getting home the next day we did some research and found that there have been so many reports of paranormal activity that the local investigation group was holding their annual meeting there. Going in the side door right at midnight, with no one else around, the eyes of the woman on the painting at the top of the stairs were intimidating for both of us. It was a hot summer night (no AC) and I hd set the electric fan to blow across our feet, so there would not be a draft. I was awakened by the air blowing in my face, but when I got up to investigate found it still in the original position.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:41 PM

854 posts, read 818,609 times
That is creepy, I don't know what I would do upon actually seeing a ghost. Seems like it would be an adrenaline rush. I wonder what happened to the lady in the painting?

Old 05-04-2014, 05:04 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
25,847 posts, read 44,608,782 times
She is known as the "Lady in Blue" and was Miss Claire, one of the women that worked there when it was a brothel back in the 1920s-30s. She was in Room#4, 39 years old and named Betty. Supposedly she had a lover who disappeared and left her broken-hearted. Sevarl people claim to have seen her coming out of her portrait on the wall.

This was our room (14):

Old 05-04-2014, 10:19 PM

394 posts, read 1,222,553 times
I have a picture of Miss Claire's door right here on my desk. A good friend of mine visited PT years before we met, and something made her take that picture. After we got to know each other, and she found out how interested I am in moving to the town and that we're both fascinated by ghosts and haunted buildings, she sent me the picture.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:10 PM

24 posts, read 28,828 times
The only two haunted locations I have personally visited are both in Seattle.

The first is a residence in the Georgetown neighborhood. Known as the "Georgetown Castle" this residence has quite a grim history. It is a private residence, so you cannot go inside, but if you are in the neighborhood it can be fun to see. Here is an article about the history of the residence: Friends of Georgetown History | Gessner Residence

Then there is the Pike Place Market Ghost Tour. It is not scary, but just a fun guided tour where they tell you ghost stories reported by shopkeepers and show you where they were supposed to have taken place. I found it really entertaining, and Pike Place Market definitely has a enough history to be a home for ghosts. Market Tours in Pike Place Market - in Pike Place Market

Old 05-05-2014, 02:52 AM

2,597 posts, read 2,990,289 times
Does the fact that I was killed a 2000 years ago and I am still here in Washington typing on this thread scare you at all?? If you read my profile, you will see I am a ghost.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:55 AM

1,968 posts, read 2,217,303 times
Yes RC.. Your typing scares us...lol..

Great story about miss Claire Hemlock.. (A number of "famous" ghosts in Port Townsend.)

Me I just like old places, old houses, old forests and such. So much more "alive" with feelings and sensations than bland sterile new stuff.

Old 05-05-2014, 03:10 PM

2,597 posts, read 2,990,289 times
I was almost certain the dilapidated house I lived in Bellingham for a summer near the college in Sehome was haunted.. It just had the spooky feeling to it and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a dead body underneath the floor or in the wall somewhere.. The house was from 1910 or something and had some history. I was told somebody did die there, like one of the first owners. I could feel an eerie presence living in that place and could feel like somebody would be walking around when I would go into bed at night.. When I got up to look I would see nothing. There was little doubt that some supernatural presence existed there..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington