U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 03:05 PM

854 posts, read 818,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Same thing as this; White Privilege Conference They've been going on for a while, #14 was in Seattle. Didn't you get the invite?
No I think they realized I was white enough when they saw me dancing at the Rihanna concert last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 04:07 PM

1,991 posts, read 1,888,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
No I think they realized I was white enough when they saw me dancing at the Rihanna concert last year.
You dance in public!? You certainly are a brave white person?

Old 05-11-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
Well Seacove, Did you get the answer you expected?

Old 05-11-2014, 09:26 PM

4,803 posts, read 9,447,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
There is a new poster that has appeared in Washington Forum but also posted in City vs. City saying:

"The part of Washington State I lived in had Confederate battle flags hanging on houses, trucks, what not"

"I heard from the locals that there were white supremacist groups in Washington State and Idaho.* I think its pretty common knowledge."

*I found this about Idaho: White supremacist planning compound in Northern Idaho | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

The poster also says "Hispanics have generally been segregated to living in lower income areas."

Now I think an area in Washington State where Confederate battle flags were hanging from houses, trucks and "what not" would actually make the news. But is there an area of Eastern Washington (the poster names Yakima) like the above that I am not aware of? Confederate flags, white supremacists and Hispanic segregation?
I lived in eastern WA for 12 years and didn't find that anymore common there than I do on the west side. I occasionally see a rebel flag sticker on a vehicle window, but that's pretty rare.

There are some mostly hispanic areas of the Tri-cities and Yakima, but there are mixed areas as well.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:06 PM

5 posts, read 4,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
As for racism, the epicenter of racism in Washington is Seattle. The racist Seattle School District is a poster child of institutionalized racism.
BRAVO!

I live in Eastern, Washington.
Most of us would start the 51st state if we could.
Coasties...even our friends from the Seattle area are nearly unbearable.
Eastern Washington is 1950's normal.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:01 PM

disturbing the comfortable: Racism Remains in Washington State

Old 05-19-2014, 02:54 PM

1,991 posts, read 1,888,581 times
An 8 year old blog post?

Old 05-19-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
An 8 year old blog post?
What's your point. Most of this stuff is concealed very well. It's less than a decade old and pertains to this thread.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:49 PM

http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/yhr...st-let-us-vote

Seriously how is this Nick Hughes person still sitting on the Yakima Gang initiative? Some of his comments are intolerable.

http://gangsters-cops-politicians.bl...to-re-bid.html

http://partofthesolutionvanguard.wor...om/2012/02/07/

http://partofthesolutionvanguard.wor...om/2013/01/06/

Maybe someday the liberals in Seattle will wake up and realize what's going on in Eastern Washington before it's to late. It seems like the area doesn't really have a solution for migrant workers and their families. The current solution being label all hispanic youths as potential gang members doesn't solve any problems. It will actually make things worse because these young people start to think they are actually the problem. The real problem is a century of damn near slave labor camps to support the agricultural industry. When you pay people below living wage salaries, crime follows. If the demographic were reversed, the same problem would occur. What you hear a lot from whites in the region is the hispanic aren't good parents. I can't think of a more racist comment. Now that the illegals originally encouraged to come hear decided to stay we have a huge gang problem. Sounds like the mentality of most white people during the civil rights movements of the sixties.

Last edited by bad apples; 05-19-2014 at 07:11 PM..

Old 05-19-2014, 07:29 PM

http://go.nationalpartnership.org/si...df?docID=11701

Washington state has the second largest wage gap for full time working Hispanics. Hmmm and you wonder why there are problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington