Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 10:48 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,367,466 times

Advertisements

The pockets of economic activity are where the jobs are: Central Puget Sound (Tacoma-Seattle-Everett), North Sound (Bellingham), South Sound (Olympia), Vancouver, Tri-Cities/Walla Walla, and Spokane. Spokane is certainly more conservative than Seattle, but just as there are plenty of people who go to church on Sunday in Seattle, I'm sure there are a good number of non-believers in Spokane as well. In either case, the dominant attitude is one of live and let live. While the Northeast can be very pushy and in your face, the Northwest is exactly the opposite.

You might want to post a separate thread in the Spokane forum (see above) to get more detailed responses about that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 12:49 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jza1993 View Post
[b]
1. I'm an Anglican (episcopalian in the US) and although I'm not a zealot or anything I go to church every Sunday and that a large part of who I am. Here in NY I don't have an issue just because there is so many people and an equal amount of amenities like churches to serve them. However I have read the the Pacific NW is part of the least religious area of the US. This is fine but I am wondering wil I have trouble finding a church outside of Seattle or Portland? If people find out my religious views is it commonplace to be looked down upon, belittled, or maligned?
OP, are you still interested in living in the US, or are you serious about moving to Eastern Europe?

There are Episcopalian churches all over Washington. Most denominations are well-represented in the cities and smaller towns. The bolded is a bit bizarre. Why would you be looked down upon, belittled or maligned? Churches are everywhere. Why would you talk to people about your religious views, anyway? That's normally a private matter, with the exception of the Bible Belt (South, Midwest). The occasion to discuss such things never arises.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:33 PM

79 posts, read 138,339 times
Whidbey island and fidalgo island have lots of nature
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington