Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 03:51 PM

3 posts, read 5,007 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I found a job in Tacoma/Parkland and our family plans to buy a house and move to Tacoma area this summer. We are Asians with two young kids, 3 and 7. Good schools is an important factor (along with convenience of daily life). I did some search and find gig harbor seems to be a great place - good school district, safe, more choices of larger houses with reasonable size lots). Another candidate a bit behind is University Place. Did find a lot of useful discussions in this forum, thanks!

If in Gig Harbor, we will try to stay in the Gig Harbor high school boundary. My question is:
Which elementary schools (Voyager, Artondale or Harbor Heights) and Middle school (Kopachuck or Goodman) are considered better among local people (parents and students)? I know there are Greatschool ratings to look at but sometimes these ratings vary year by year and may not really reflect the actual quality.

Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 11:30 AM

2 posts, read 3,105 times
Goodman Middle School is rated 9 and good. Artondale Elementary is also rated 9 and good. You would need to be in an area closer to Artondale to get into this elementary school. So home closer to Gig Harbor High put you into the Discovery Elementary School that is not rated as high.
Gregory Miller
Kitsap Home Sales
253-970-1771
Are you Chinese?

Old 01-18-2015, 11:44 AM

2 posts, read 3,105 times
98329 and parts of 98332 is Peninsula High School and other elementary schools including Discovery Elementary.
98335 is all Gig Harbor High and other schools you expressed interest in. I have lived in this area 25 years and I am
a full time Real Estate Buyers Agent. My office is at Better Properties Gig Harbor and my site is KitsapHomeSales.com. If you have any questions, call or email anytime. miller853@gmail.com 253-970-1771

Old 01-21-2015, 10:15 AM

3 posts, read 5,007 times
Gregory, Thanks a lot for the reply! Yes, so far we only focus on Gig Harbor high area. From greatschool.com, Discovery elementary is only school with a lower rating. Chelsea Park area seems to nice. If the redistricting goes with the non-new-school plan, it will change from Discover to Artondale. We saw some complaints online though that Artondale focuses too much on test scores. Not sure how the reviews reflect the reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington