U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 11:14 PM

38 posts, read 31,863 times

Advertisements

awesome, thanks for the info. its so tough deciding where to live...lol. poulsbo, seabeck, and gig harbor are now the leaders for us. but the way I keep looking, it may change in a day or two...lol.

Silverdale/Bremerton are still in the running, IF I can find a newer build with at least 9,000 sqft lot. that seems to be hard to find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 08:38 AM

1,961 posts, read 1,428,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosin View Post

My bad, because I think I implied that Poulsbo has no medical. That's not true.

It doesn't have a hospital in town, but is served by Harrison Medical Center, which is only about 15 minutes down the road in Silverdale (from Poulsbo proper--Poulsbo "region" is pretty spread out). Poulsbo also has medical clinics, such as the Doctor's Clinic, Peninsula Cancer Center, and Group Health Cooperative (which is one of the insurance options for DoD employees).

My stepsister works at Harrison Medical Center in Silverdale, along with some other medical gigs, and she considers HMC as state of the art as you can get for the general area without going to Seattle.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:15 PM

11 posts, read 12,697 times
Port Orchard isn't that bad really. South Kitsap area is also closer to Gig Harbor and Tacoma for shopping. I live in the PO area and I work in Bremerton and travel thru Gorst daily. I also hardly ever go past Gorst on the weekend since I do most of my activities and shopping in PO or GH. Silverdale has turned into a zoo on the weekends.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:10 PM

good to know !! Thanks... I guess its gonn abe hard to pick a place to live until we go back to scope out the areas. I've been told horror stories of traffic heading south thru Gorst after the shipyard gets off of work. I figure, if I move to gig harbor, I have to deal with the traffic anyway, so why not just live in port orchard where there is more inventory of homes that we like...lol. I know the school disctricts are different, so that a whole other animal in itself...

I always read and hear about how South Kitsap HS is underfunded and over crowded. I hear gig harbor has goos schools? man, this is stressful...haha

Old 10-17-2015, 04:18 PM

it all boils down to how we feel when we come up in a few weeks. we're gonna check out the areas I mentioned and decide from there.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:20 PM

FInally made it up a few times recently. I really like Poulsbo... Silverdale is nice as well. We stayed in P.O. and I like the areas closer to Sedgwick. If it weren't for overcrowded SKHS, I'd rest easy in P.O. I saw a few homes in poulsbo up behind Central Market... very nice !!

Next trip I plan to scope out Gig Harbor a little more. I think I remember people suggest I stay east or Purdy..?? not sure why..

Old 06-26-2017, 09:23 PM

5,530 posts, read 1,664,377 times
Do you still have a job offer on the table after 2 years???

Old 06-26-2017, 09:37 PM

LoL... yeah, they gonna redo it. so much red tape and snags... I touched bases with the supervisors and its still on

Old 06-26-2017, 09:50 PM

321 posts, read 251,178 times
Puget Sound is high on our list of places to move to this Fall.. We went few months ago.. My favorite was Gig Harbor.. but it is more pricey and we would like a larger lot.
We are also looking around Belfair/ Allyn.. and Lakebay It was beautiful there too.. so maybe add that to your list..
btw, I did not know PO had a bad rap.. I kinda liked it near the long lake area..

Old 06-27-2017, 08:39 PM

5,530 posts, read 1,664,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highbl00d View Post
LoL... yeah, they gonna redo it. so much red tape and snags... I touched bases with the supervisors and its still on
Wow, that's gotta be a record! Most places would have given up and found somebody else by now. You must have some rare skill, or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington