Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 11:47 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
I just realized it probably doesn't matter if we lose King5- Monday Night Football is actually on ESPN. So they simulcast it on King5, but don't we still see it on ESPN as well just like the rest of the country does? I know when we had a Thursday Night Football game here a couple years ago (those games are broadcast on the NFL Network), we had it both on NFL Network and also simulcast on one of our local networks per contract requirements so those without cable or satellite could still see the game over the air- isn't that the same situation with Monday Night Football?

Edit: I looked online and didn't even see mention of this game being on King5, it's on ESPN just as all Monday Night Football games are. So who cares, let King5/NBC fight it out with Dish, doesn't matter to me if we lose that channel for a while- nothing good is on there anyway, and I have multiple others I can watch for local news and weather at night.
Sunday Night games are on NBC (KING5)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 01:50 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,367,466 times
If you can get over-the-air channels, get a digital antenna:

I'm pulling in 26 over-the-air stations, including 4 (ABC), 5 (NBC), 7 (CBS), 9 (PBS), 11 (CW), and 13 (Fox).

If you have an older TV without a QAM tuner, you'll need a digital-to-analog converter to receive over-the-air channels.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:49 PM

2,811 posts, read 5,626,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Sunday Night games are on NBC (KING5)
True, the Sunday night games- but the one this week is on Monday night- that is ESPN, with a simulcast on King5's "KONG" channel. So if this happens, at least any of us with Dish can still see the game by switching to ESPN. (that's where I'd watch it anyway for the better telecast)

And by the time another Sunday night game is on (Not sure if the Seahawks are on another Sunday night game?) I would feel fairly certain this problem will be ironed out and King/Kong will be back on TV. These things don't usually go on for more than a few days.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:36 PM

1 posts, read 807 times
Default OTA option should work for Many

I don't know about the newer hopper receivers but the old VIP622 I have lets me hook up an antenna. It'll then scan the OTA frequencies and add all it finds. Cool thing is, I get the schedule and can record. If you go to antennaweb.org you can punch in your address and it'll tell you what channels you can get and what kind of antenna you would need.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:16 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,271,398 times
Well, this turned out to be yet another in a series of irritating contract disputes in the Spokane market that were made into a big deal, and then lasted just a couple of days.

Did anyone really think it was worth changing to Direct or to cable for a 2 day lock-out? I have no loyalty to Dish, per se, but I think that it's ridiculous to get wigged-out over losing a channel on TV for a couple of days.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:36 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,459,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
Did anyone really think it was worth changing to Direct or to cable for a 2 day lock-out? I have no loyalty to Dish, per se, but I think that it's ridiculous to get wigged-out over losing a channel on TV for a couple of days.
It's not the channel loss that used to bother me (when we had DefectiveTV in the Tri, it was frequent). It's the fact that we are not compensated. Sure, the compensation would be minimal, but the amount is not the point; the point is we paid for something we didn't get, no refund, and the fault was not ours. I can never accept that answer as the final word; I paid my bill, and I want what I paid for, nothing more nor less. Cheating me is not an acceptable profit center. If I took a job editing someone's book, and decided randomly not to edit certain pages at all, and expected full payment, it would be exactly the same. Or if you bought a gallon of gas for $2.50, but were shorted two ounces, and told 'tough, deal with it.' Terrible business.

It's the same reason I stopped taking a newspaper. About once a week, it wouldn't show, or would be thrown somewhere and be ruined, etc. I had a choice: call the Herald to get one delivered, or accept that I would not get what I'd paid for. Soon I realized that the problem was that newspapers didn't make enough money to attract and keep people who cared, so there was no solution and no point in complaining: live with the negativity and ripoff, or make it gone from my life. I made it gone from my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington