Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 05:52 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,518,712 times

Advertisements

We moved to rural WA, among other reasons, to be AWAY from the constantly lit-up night skies, yet my neighbors have those stupid lights shining all night long, as if they are little kids afraid of the dark, what is that about?

Regarding livestock.. my parents both grew up on working farms with livestock ranging from cattle to turkeys, NO ONE lit up their farms like Xmas trees!

If you don't like dark nights, you don't belong in a rural area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 06:05 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,678,117 times
Please note that I did start a separate thread on this topic. Thank you. I sincerely believe that even in cities, towns, and on highways, there exist much better ways to improve safety without such wideranging light pollution.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:16 PM

14,454 posts, read 12,042,557 times
Found it!

Old 01-07-2016, 01:33 PM

33 posts, read 30,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlm1602 View Post
Hi. I currently live in Tucson, AZ and I hate it. I'm so over the heat and feel like it is a dead end place. I've always wanted to live in the PNW so I'm seriously considering moving to Washington. I want a place that is nice yet affordable and great to raise kids. I have a strong customer service background.

If you do not make at least 65k to 80k take home Seattle is not for you you be turning tricks for Oatmeal . What do you do for a living ?

If you google best places to live to raise a family Boise Idaho is number 2 according to Forbes . Lets just say it is worth checking out you will not be sorry . Haters fell free to hate all you want .

Every year Boise ranks on a slew of top 10 lists. The city has been placed among the best U.S. downtown, the best city to raise a family, the healthiest, best place to retire, best place to be a doctor, a good spot for yogis and asthmatics, and yes Boise was even ranked among the top sexually active cities.

Funny that your moving from Tucson I looking at going to college at the UA or NAU (flagstaff) I am sick of the rain and social justice warriors that need to believe they are fighting for social justice in order to feel validated regardless of whether their arguments have any logic or truth to them. People with paper thin skin who always find something to be offended about.

BTW I am more of a Centrist or realist who tries to see things as they are not as he would like them to be.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:09 PM

656 posts, read 811,872 times
The middle of a ring of the most dangerous volcanoes in America, with some of the highest number of grey and wet days on Earth, where life is impossible without nearly year-round heater running....

"Hey, let's build a city that requires constant coffee and antidepressants to function!"

Old 01-07-2016, 02:52 PM

102,167 posts, read 107,665,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by More Rock View Post
The middle of a ring of the most dangerous volcanoes in America, with some of the highest number of grey and wet days on Earth, where life is impossible without nearly year-round heater running....

"Hey, let's build a city that requires constant coffee and antidepressants to function!"
lol! Just wait a few years, and those wet/cloudy days will save a lot of people's a$$. Global warming is coming to a region near you. The Puget Sound region will continue to see a greater and greater influx of climate refugees from the SW. I hope western WA is preparing to intensify their farming, because that will be needed after agriculture collapses in CA.

Old 01-07-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by More Rock View Post

Well this might be one of the worst state to be when a natural disaster take place . Most people can not handle an inch of snow or rain how are they going to handle a 9.0 earthquake once it hits someday.

Old 01-07-2016, 04:52 PM

175 posts, read 93,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical-Snacks View Post
Funny that your moving from Tucson I looking at going to college at the UA or NAU (flagstaff)
Those are both good choices. I'm a proud alum of UA, and both of my sisters (and several friends) went to NAU. It's awesome to be able to wear shorts to class in January when nearly everyone else in the country is dealing with cold and snow and ice.

Old 01-08-2016, 12:32 AM

102,167 posts, read 107,665,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Holbrook View Post
Those are both good choices. I'm a proud alum of UA, and both of my sisters (and several friends) went to NAU. It's awesome to be able to wear shorts to class in January when nearly everyone else in the country is dealing with cold and snow and ice.
Shorts in class in AZ? Are you talking about Tucson, or Pheonix and Flagstaff? There's snow on the ground in NM that time of year. Nobody's wearing shorts, they're wearing layers of wool and/or down.

Old 01-08-2016, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Shorts in class in AZ? Are you talking about Tucson, or Pheonix and Flagstaff? There's snow on the ground in NM that time of year. Nobody's wearing shorts, they're wearing layers of wool and/or down.
I think he talking about Tucson because it cant be flagstaff because they get about 100 inches of snow fall a year. Flagstaff has received 12.6 inches of snow since Tuesday evening so short would not be a good idea LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington