Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 10:37 AM

53 posts, read 83,591 times

Advertisements

But Why the HOA fees in Long Beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 01:43 PM

576 posts, read 2,260,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamS1953 View Post
But Why the HOA fees in Long Beach.
The only ones that I know about in that area are for maintenance within planned developments- common areas, paths, walkways, pools etc. etc.

For example, this is from the Surfside HOA in Ocean Park, WA (with attention to 1. Article II):

SURFSIDE CHAT: Surfside history

Old 05-09-2017, 07:09 AM

1,632 posts, read 6,842,905 times
Trees, yes, but you'll also see evidence of ugly clear cutting in the nearby area. And the other poster who described Forks proper as "meh" in terms of aesthetics was probably being a little kind. I agree on the affordability (good) and work situation (bad), though.

Just my opinion as someone who basically just drives through from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Forks, WA, would be fairly affordable but there is not much work there. That's considering that you'll need to work. It gets about 140 inches of rain per year. When it's sunny on the Washington coast it's beautiful. Ask more questions, there's a good resort to eat at there called the Three Rivers Resort. The roads are obviously not crowded and there's large evergreen trees everywhere you look. It's not for everybody, Forks, WA, but for some it's just what they're looking for.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:05 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,493,524 times
Trees, yes, but you'll also see evidence of ugly clear cutting in the nearby area. And the other poster who described Forks proper as "meh" in terms of aesthetics was probably being a little kind. I agree on the affordability (good) and work situation (bad), though.

Just my opinion as someone who basically just drives through from time to time.

Forks is pretty plain and...not too special. It is a small town in the northwest corner of Washington where it rains a lot. I remember one Saturday - a day off - Mrs. elkotronics and I and our 3 year old son were driving around in the '65 Mustang in Forks. Someone wanted - probably me - a McDonald's Big Mac. Well, Forks didn't have a McDonald's in 1983. So, we could head east and drive the 60 miles or so to Port Angeles ta get a Big Mac, or, drive south down to Aberdeen/Hoquiam 107 miles ta get a Big Mac. We chose south - heck, I had tree cuttin' money in my pocket! Long drive, but, it was one of those times that we needed ta drive and talk about our future. It worked out nicely - I know, McDonald's is just McDonald's, but, we were only coming up on our mid 20's - silly youngsters with a youngster of our own. I ended up cutting trees in the forests for a while, then heading east to work for The City of Port Angeles.

Then we jumped back over to the "mainland" - Lynnwood in this case, and stayed in a friend's 40' trailer until I found a job at Top Food's in Everett. I was a Maintenance man for them for many months. One day, while traveling down Hiway 99 the thought popped in to my head to call my old Supervisor at Boeing - Everett back. I pulled over to a payphone by a small store on the west side of 99. Turns out he was "looking for me!"

"I was looking for you. Do you wanna come back to your old job?"
"Of course!"

Sometimes I think back on Forks - I worked my first few years at Boeing before finding the job at the print shop in Forks. Forks is so remote - you start to feel very much a "remote" feeling when living out there. I will not forget it, though. Lots of beauty and trees. Lots of clearcut areas, many of them. Lots of birds and wild animals all around you there. And, every now and then, I think back to that time I took a break from thinning trees. Laid my chainsaw down and caught a glimpse of a large mountain to the east a long way that was blocking the sun's rays from spraying us completely with its light. I thought it was Mt. Olympus at the time but later discovered it was Mt. Carrie - Mt. Carrie stands over 6,000 feet tall, so the comparison to Mt. Olympus could almost be made. The mountains of the Olympic Peninsula are treasures to behold.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:03 AM

371 posts, read 362,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
The government has altered the weather patterns, is what I've heard. For reasons only they would be able to explain to you. Don't ask me to explain why they'd do such a thing.
Of course they have. Because the federal government is so decisive and unified and focused on our climate, right? I wish someone would convince me that we have an active plan to control weather of climate, but based on the all evidence you haven't presented, Sir, I remain unmollified. Show your work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington