Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 06:51 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,738,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
I am not from Washington, but I am from New Jersey. I'd definitely prefer Pacific Northwest climate over NJ climate. I did visit Washington in the Seattle area and I hiked Mount Rainier in August 2016. I did not have a real Washington experience with weather, since the weather happened to be hotter (90 degrees F) than Washington ever gets. Washington is supposed to be nice and cool in the summer (with less humidity than the east coast). Washington does get cloudy in the morning and I love the chilliness of its mornings! I want to move to Washington or Oregon after I graduate college so badly! Cloudiness is fun for me and I don't mind constant drizzles of rain. Yes, sometimes I need occassional sunshines. I took a train right from the hotel we stayed at, which led towards downtown Seattle. I loved the train ride! I loved the cheap architecture of the suburbs and how every building is surrounded by beautiful evergreen trees! None of this beautiful scenery exists in NJ and we don't have nice weather like Washington. NJ is too cold, way too much snow, and our summers are humid and have temperatures of 80 degrees or more.
It is not cloudy and rainy all year here. Summers here are dry with little to no rain with blue skies. Thunderstorms are very rare here. We also do get some stretches of 90f and up days but nothing like the east coast. The clouds and rain usually start to come late fall. There is a weather forum here if you want more info about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington