Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 08:24 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Would you rather they left it in produce?

Seriously! When one leaves the house in the morning, one usually has to commit to what one is wearing, for the remains of the day.

Including the trip to the meat counter.
There is a large segment of the population that doesn't holster up for any of it. They live their lives go to work, go to dinner, meet friends, etc. without needing ammunition. It sounds like the OP would enjoy Rochester, WA population under 2000, but that sounds a little like Montana.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:40 PM

14,483 posts, read 12,107,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
There is a large segment of the population that doesn't holster up for any of it. They live their lives go to work, go to dinner, meet friends, etc. without needing ammunition.
Truth be told, most people who do "holster up" never need their ammunition either.

And most people with smoke detectors never need them. But we keep changing out the batteries every six months so we're ready just in case we do.

It's a similar precaution, really. No one ever expects to need such things, ever.... and most people try to do all we can to reduce the risk we might. But even given all that... some of us would feel darn foolish if we ever did need it... and we weren't ready, and harm came to us, or our family, because of it. Because THAT would be the worst feeling in the world.

That's how I feel about it.

Quote:
It sounds like the OP would enjoy Rochester, WA population under 2000, but that sounds a little like Montana.
If so, I would be happy to show the OP around.

Last edited by Diana Holbrook; 05-17-2016 at 09:48 PM..

Old 05-17-2016, 09:46 PM

Oh - while we're talking about Rochester.....

We do have a raceway http://www.southsoundspeedway.com/

Old 05-17-2016, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Truth be told, most people who do "holster up" never need their ammunition either.

And most people with smoke detectors never need them. But we keep changing out the batteries every six months so we're ready just in case we do.

It's a similar precaution, really. No one ever expects to need such things, ever.... and most people try to do all we can to reduce the risk we might. But even given all that... some of us would feel darn foolish if we ever did need it... and we weren't ready, and harm came to us, or our family, because of it. Because THAT would be the worst feeling in the world.

That's how I feel about it.
Awesome, a life where everyone holsters up before leaving the house and shoots at the slightest provocation. It sounds completely ridiculous but to each his own and I'm sincerely glad you've found a town where you are happy.

Quote:
Oh - while we're talking about Rochester.....

We do have a raceway http://www.southsoundspeedway.com/
Sounds like a perfect match for OP.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Awesome, a life where everyone holsters up before leaving the house and shoots at the slightest provocation. It sounds completely ridiculous but to each his own and I'm sincerely glad you've found a town where you are happy.

Sounds like a perfect match for OP.
There isn't one sincere word in your post.

Ah well... I tried to reason with ya.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:48 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,700,279 times
Something tells me that if everyone in Rochester, or even just a few people there, holstered up and shot "at the slightest provocation," we would all have read news articles about it.

And then you would still have to weed out the ones who shot impulsively because they were drunk or high. But booze is legal. Maybe we should ban that, all of it any time any reason any amount.

Maybe we should ban driving because some idiots run, or try to run, people down. Which obviously happens many more times than impulse shooting.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Something tells me that if everyone in Rochester, or even just a few people there, holstered up and shot "at the slightest provocation," we would all have read news articles about it.

And then you would still have to weed out the ones who shot impulsively because they were drunk or high. But booze is legal. Maybe we should ban that, all of it any time any reason any amount.

Maybe we should ban driving because some idiots run, or try to run, people down. Which obviously happens many more times than impulse shooting.
A car is not designed to kill, it is designed to transport. Alcohol is not good in excess or at all for an alcoholic, but it is not designed to kill either. A gun is designed to kill very efficiently. And if everyone is carrying hammers, a lot more things look like nails.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:57 PM

Exactly... I'm not sure how we got from "most never need their ammo" to "shooting at the slightest provocation".

Well, a reasonable person doesn't get there.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Exactly... I'm not sure how we got from "most never need their ammo" to "shooting at the slightest provocation".

Well, a reasonable person doesn't get there.
A reasonable person doesn't need a gun at the meat counter. So much for reasonable.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:02 PM

Quote:
A reasonable person doesn't need a gun at the meat counter. So much for reasonable.
If he doesn't need it, no one knows he has it, and it doesn't hurt anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington