Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 01:07 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,664 posts, read 57,818,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolochs View Post
Wouldn't it be a great compromise if San Diegans could start a house-swap-coop with WAtonians who all have homebased businesses (if we have to work) where we each live in the others' house for 6 months out of the year, !
As a WA resident, Trigger a CA tax domicile and you are really hosed.

Southbound rental trucks are all booked by end of FEB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 09:36 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,658,597 times
Yes, CA makes out-of-state residents pay CA income tax above a threshold number of hours or days worked. My husband told me about this just last week. Sometime years ago when we lived in CO, he had run up time right to the limit when he did some work there for his employer's CA office, or one of them.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:00 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,504,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaTea View Post
Thanks everyone for all the info and opinions so far. There's been an incredible amount of helpful input here.

Of all the things that were said, I have to say the story about mosquitoes has just about completely convinced me against going there, even with all the positive things that I've read. The thought of my dog being covered to that extent with them is horrible!

I can't stand seeing ONE!

Of course, I would never leave my dog outside in those conditions....but still, the fact that there are so many from the sound of it....I could not deal with that.
I live just north of Edmonds and saw 3 mosquitoes this year so far. Trick is to make sure you don't have ANY standing water when spring arrives. Even a cap full will produce them. My BIL forgot to dump out a couple buckets one spring and had a cloud of them. I had to laugh.

And it really doesn't rain here but a couple times a year... It mists and mists and mists.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:58 PM

10,493 posts, read 7,642,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaTea View Post
Thanks everyone for all the info and opinions so far. There's been an incredible amount of helpful input here.

Of all the things that were said, I have to say the story about mosquitoes has just about completely convinced me against going there, even with all the positive things that I've read. The thought of my dog being covered to that extent with them is horrible!

I can't stand seeing ONE!.

Wait a minute, you're from the Mid west, and worried about mosquitoes in WA?

I don't remember ever experiencing a mosquito in Bellingham, but have plenty of Minnesota mosquito memories.

The PNW climate is far superior to the mid west's, IMO.

And yes, the rain is overstated from my perspective.

Last edited by Arktikos; 08-18-2016 at 10:07 PM..

Old 08-28-2016, 02:29 AM

1 posts, read 625 times
Default <Washington Rain

I've lived in Wa. for 60 beautiful yrs. Our rain is not nearly Hawaii rains (warm & light), nor Lousiana (warm & heavy). We have enough rain to make Arthritus hurt, but not enough rain, usually to have to carry an umbrella. Rain usually starts in Nov & rains 60% of the month. Dec the rains drop to 40% yet the air stays damp & cold. Jan,Feb can be rain or snow depending where u live. Long Beach seldom gets snow, but the rains are heavier, finer, and colder depending on the Northern draw.
All In all employment is available if you aren't lazy.Marijuana's legal here & most employers want clean U.A.'s. So...the result is a higher drug rate, yet unemployment hasn't had a big jump in months. There are jobs. Only the lazy weep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington