Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 09:04 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times

Advertisements

A bit more from KING. Might have been random?

Suspect arrested in Cascade Mall shooting; attack may have been random | KING5.com

I give lots of props to all Law Enforcement and any others who located the alleged shooter in about 24 hrs.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 11:37 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Whaddya know - the guy wasn't Hispanic. He's Turkish.

Whoduthunkit?

Old 09-25-2016, 01:17 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

Whoduthunkit?
The last young shooter in our area, Allen Ivanov in July, was Russian. Exactly what is your point?

Allen Ivanov: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Old 09-25-2016, 02:20 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:

Whoduthunkit?
When I saw the fuzzy picture, I called this 'Hispanic' a Hispanic named Mouhammoud shouting Halleluejah Snackbar. When it came out that he had targeted largely women, I knew that it was extremely unlikely the shooter was Hispanic and much more likely from a certain 'religion.'

Probably about 10 people from this religion in Burlington, still they manage to knock off another 5 Americans.

Old 09-25-2016, 02:46 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Not interested in the shooter's nationality. The last shooter was Russian, one before that was from the Tulalip tribe. The shooter apparently took his father's gun to commit the murders. The father from the Tulalip Tribe was charged. Are gun owners that don't lock up their guns always charged?

Father of Marysville school shooter convicted of gun charges | The Seattle Times

Old 09-25-2016, 08:49 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,291,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Not interested in the shooter's nationality. The last shooter was Russian, one before that was from the Tulalip tribe. The shooter apparently took his father's gun to commit the murders. The father from the Tulalip Tribe was charged. Are gun owners that don't lock up their guns always charged?

Father of Marysville school shooter convicted of gun charges | The Seattle Times
According to that article, the father in that case was charged because he wasn't supposed to have the guns, not because the guns weren't locked up. A previous domestic protection order was involved. Part of the motivation, I'm sure, was also that the killer was dead and people wanted to see someone punished.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:32 AM

8,070 posts, read 8,363,780 times
We don't know what his motivation was. He could be another ISIS-inspired "lone wolf", which is very hard to stop, or he might have some other beef. We'll just have to wait for what the charging papers have to say.

If the former, we need the Muslim community to stand up and reject these kinds of acts as being anti-Muslim - attacking people for being Muslim will only achieve the opposite.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:34 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
The photos show he came in without a gun initially. Then he later returned with a "long-gun" from what I've read and seen.

Any thoughts or theories where he got the gun that he had on his re-entrance to the mall? Was it hidden somewhere outside or is another person a potential accomplice?

MSR

Old 09-25-2016, 12:58 PM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:

Whoduthunkit?
I was sure it was Reform Jewish students out on a Mitzvah project.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:52 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
The photos show he came in without a gun initially. Then he later returned with a "long-gun" from what I've read and seen.

Any thoughts or theories where he got the gun that he had on his re-entrance to the mall? Was it hidden somewhere outside or is another person a potential accomplice?

MSR
Probably had it in a car or stashed in the bushes and just wanted to check out his target(s) first. It looks to me like he did have a particular victim or victims in mind and this was not random.

We will have to see if he can be linked to any of the people he shot. If this were the common variety of Muslim terrorism, he would have exited Macy's and kept shooting. Instead he placed the rifle on the counter and left. It truly looks personal to me, though it is possible that whatever provoked his personal attack might be rooted in Islamic beliefs, especially if it was over a girlfriend who was not behaving as he thought a good Muslim woman should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington