U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?
Bill Bryant (R) 14 40.00%
Jay Inslee (D) 19 54.29%
Undecided 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-20-2016, 12:41 AM
 
3,728 posts, read 2,937,632 times
Reputation: 2641

Advertisements

Aside from the depressing 2016 presidential election, there is another important election in our state- the election between Bill Bryant and Jay Inslee. Who will you be voting for?

I am voting for Bill Bryant. If Dino Rossi can almost get elected, then maybe Bill has a good chance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-20-2016, 10:29 AM
509
 
3,645 posts, read 4,631,588 times
Reputation: 4711
Bryant does not stand a chance.

I have met Inslee, in his official capacity, the state of Washington does not stand a chance! It just goes to show how easy it is to get a law license. Wow....a U of W grad.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2016, 10:36 AM
 
20,558 posts, read 12,716,001 times
Reputation: 11583
The latest poll is a couple of weeks old but it has Governor Inslee 10 points ahead.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Washington Governor - Bryant vs. Inslee
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2016, 03:28 PM
 
4,693 posts, read 5,021,417 times
Reputation: 4221
I would normally vote Republican but I will not vote for Bryant because he does not support Donald Trump. Maybe I'll vote Inslee as a protest, he's going to win anyway. Or maybe I'll vote 3rd party if it's on the ballot.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2016, 05:27 PM
 
Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
26,486 posts, read 44,319,213 times
Reputation: 30249
why vote?, if you are in a minority or rural county, you may not even have heard there is an WA GOV election. I haven't heard anything. Guess I should open my ballot. After 'Whats-her-face' won using deceased voters (including my dad) there is really no hope / reason for a legitimate person to run for WA GOV. Ain't gonna happen on the Dem's watch.

Eventually the country / state will fall enough into debt / disrepair that there will be a change in politics.
Back to a Volunteer service electorate and NO allowed campaign spending by incumbents would be a good start. Incumbents have a voting record. study it and decide (novel idea...an informed electorate and accountable politicians) THAT, will never happen

No need to vote, except locally if you are in any of the 36 counties that are the minority, the 3 will always rule, and the 36 will try to remain in business and provide commerce, jobs, and food to feed the 3.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2016, 07:39 PM
 
Location: Pacific NW
9,434 posts, read 6,329,402 times
Reputation: 7934
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I am voting for Bill Bryant. If Dino Rossi can almost get elected, then maybe Bill has a good chance.
Not with democrats counting the ballots in King County.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2016, 12:49 AM
 
3,728 posts, read 2,937,632 times
Reputation: 2641
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
why vote?, if you are in a minority or rural county, you may not even have heard there is an WA GOV election. I haven't heard anything. Guess I should open my ballot. After 'Whats-her-face' won using deceased voters (including my dad) there is really no hope / reason for a legitimate person to run for WA GOV. Ain't gonna happen on the Dem's watch.

Eventually the country / state will fall enough into debt / disrepair that there will be a change in politics.
Back to a Volunteer service electorate and NO allowed campaign spending by incumbents would be a good start. Incumbents have a voting record. study it and decide (novel idea...an informed electorate and accountable politicians) THAT, will never happen

No need to vote, except locally if you are in any of the 36 counties that are the minority, the 3 will always rule, and the 36 will try to remain in business and provide commerce, jobs, and food to feed the 3.
It still can't hurt to vote. Its the "defeated" mindsets like these that make the ideal candidates lose.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2016, 01:47 AM
 
Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
26,486 posts, read 44,319,213 times
Reputation: 30249
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
It still can't hurt to vote. Its the "defeated" mindsets like these that make the ideal candidates lose.
in 33 yrs of no representation, I have never missed a WA election yet, nor will I. (Since I pay $$,$$$ in annual WA taxes)

but... it is not gonna make a difference for GOV. (or WA initiatives that will continue to HARM my businesses)
the 3 will always rule, and the 36 will try to remain in business and provide commerce, jobs, and food to feed the 3.


Perfect state to be an employEE and a renter !!! They create a lot of jobs, and they VOTE!

Meanwhile, time to file Quarterlies, Don't forget to do that BEFORE you vote! It will certainly adjust your choices!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2016, 03:04 PM
 
5,800 posts, read 7,094,981 times
Reputation: 2682
When do (has) the mail-in ballots arrive ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2016, 06:02 PM
 
Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
33,408 posts, read 60,705,275 times
Reputation: 37026
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
When do (has) the mail-in ballots arrive ?
Ours came yesterday. City hall has a big depository so we can vote now and drop them off.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top