Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 05:06 PM

489 posts, read 963,839 times

Advertisements

Eatonville, Yelm, Roy, Rainier area is worth a look.
Tenino, Rochester, Winlock too.

-Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 07:45 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecbd View Post
Haha we aren't originally from AZ so we are used to rain, mud, snow all that good stuff! When it comes to dirtbike riding the muddier the better for me. Def. going to be coming out to look at houses just trying to narrow the list of places down before hand so that we aren't having to go to a million places. Main concern is finding a place that doesn't mind noise from bikes etc as we are always working on stuff in the garage and riding.
gonna need your own place on a few hundred acres. most people in the We_tside cherish their country silence and are 'greenies'.. Some areas in Oly Peninsula excluded (Not Sequim!!! retirees like SILENCE).

Aberdeen / Montesano might be a possibility if you are adjacent to forest land.

I have 7 bikes, but the neighbors would go postal if I EVER road them on my 15 acres. They (like me) pay $42/ day in property taxes, so they expect their homes to be their retreat / safe shelter from guns, bikes, ATV, boom boxes, neighbors, barking dogs, roosters, cars, dozers, chain saws......

I appreciate that, as they have hundred of thousands of $$ of capital sitting in their properties that WA LOVES to tax dearly. Their homes should to be their safe haven of rest.

One of my pristine park-like rentals (on 6 acres) got a neighbor from hxll. 6 dirt bikes running most of the time, right along the fence line. My renter had been there for 7 yrs and loved the place, but since the new neighbors from hxll came... I have had 3 sets of renters who hated it. (due to the noise / trouble, dust... of the newcomers)

Old 10-28-2016, 09:39 PM

6 posts, read 10,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
gonna need your own place on a few hundred acres. most people in the We_tside cherish their country silence and are 'greenies'.. Some areas in Oly Peninsula excluded (Not Sequim!!! retirees like SILENCE).

Aberdeen / Montesano might be a possibility if you are adjacent to forest land.

I have 7 bikes, but the neighbors would go postal if I EVER road them on my 15 acres. They (like me) pay $42/ day in property taxes, so they expect their homes to be their retreat / safe shelter from guns, bikes, ATV, boom boxes, neighbors, barking dogs, roosters, cars, dozers, chain saws......

I appreciate that, as they have hundred of thousands of $$ of capital sitting in their properties that WA LOVES to tax dearly. Their homes should to be their safe haven of rest.

One of my pristine park-like rentals (on 6 acres) got a neighbor from hxll. 6 dirt bikes running most of the time, right along the fence line. My renter had been there for 7 yrs and loved the place, but since the new neighbors from hxll came... I have had 3 sets of renters who hated it. (due to the noise / trouble, dust... of the newcomers)
Wow that uptight there huh?! We currently own a home in a gated community with a Home Owners Association. No land or anything houses are all right next to each other and we have never once had a complaint. Actually all our neighbors r pretty awesome and spend a lot of time chatting in our garage and checking out all our latest work! Surprised people in such an outdoorsy state wouldn't be just as cool.

Old 10-29-2016, 12:22 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,696,237 times
Well, there is loud motorized outdoorsy and quiet nonmotorized outdoorsy.

Sounds like you should check very carefully to find the right neighborhood. Also, there is a world of difference between someone riding by normally en route to elsewhere vs. a group repeatedly riding back and forth and/or deliberately revving motors. Hardly anyone would mind the former, but many including me dislike the latter. In any state, greenie or not.

Having said that, I would guess that you CAN find the right place here. Just take your time checking it out.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:27 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
Get a LARGE place next to public ORV park. It is nice to be able to jump on and go. Similar to living on an island when you have a boat.

Yes, many people in the 'urban interface' (rural homes near urban) are VERY uptight / want SILENCE. We used to have a lot of stray gunfire, but the locals got chased away or locked up. ($40/ day property taxes has a way of thinning out the crowd.)

Alternative is buy a HUGE farm. (Several thousand acres). that is also fun.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:09 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,042,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecbd View Post
Hey everyone. My husband and I are going to be moving to WA from AZ soon and are trying to narrow down areas to help make the search for a home easier. We will be renting a house with a budget of up to around $1900 a month. We are in our 20s and own our own business so don't need to worry about finding jobs or anything like that. We do need areas that will have houses with large garages, place to put a large trailer and some space. We would like to be near a city but live more on the outskirts so we can have more space. We ride dirtbikes so somewhere that has a lot of places to ride is a must. We want to be in an area that has lots of chill, laid back people. Nowhere uptight! Any suggestions on some areas that should be on our list would be much appreciated! Thanks.
Leavenworth.

The Wenatchee National Forest has over 800 miles of single track motorcycle trail. However, throwing mud will get you a ticket. If you get a dual-sport bike you can quickly ride from town to trail systems that are fairly close.

Also Leavenworth definitely needs more diversity in the community so you would be a GREAT addition!!

Not sure what your internet needs are for your business, but Leavenworth does have 1 Gbps fiber service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington