Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 04:07 PM

392 posts, read 1,552,822 times

Advertisements

We've read countless posts on this forum regarding how gray it is, how to deal with the rain, etc.
Hasn't anybody noticed we've had a full week of sunshine and high 50's? How about some postive banter about our weather?
Maybe I'm the only nerd inside on my computer while the rest of you are out enjoying the sun!

Not a cloud in the sky in any of these photos! Yeah for Washington's weather!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 04:21 PM

474 posts, read 1,452,700 times
Default It's endemic to message boards.

For whatever reason, people like to post what they're angry/sad/depressed about rather than about how good things are.

I LOVE this winter. We had an awful month or so, and now it is gorgeous and everything is beginning to flower. We'll get more rain soon, and when the trees bloom starting in the next couple of months, it will be spectacular.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:46 PM

142 posts, read 557,049 times
As a former Alaskan, I have nothing but GOOD things to say about the weather here. I think it's perfect! I guess everything is relative.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:59 PM

305 posts, read 1,607,364 times
I think you got it right--everyone else is outside! I even pulled weeds today after my run. Yes, weeds! It's been nice enough for them to grow (the bulbs and daphne too!)

Old 02-25-2008, 07:07 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,682,483 times
Everyone was outdoors today enjoying the sunshine

Old 02-25-2008, 08:01 PM
LMB

405 posts, read 1,888,332 times
It's been beautiful lately for sure, but I think it's actually been pretty great since we moved here last July. Even the "bad" weather hasn't been bad enough to keep us cooped up inside complaining about the gray, gloomy weather. What's not to love about this place?

Lynn

Old 02-25-2008, 08:16 PM

5,640 posts, read 24,885,365 times
I think the weather year round is great! I spent most of my life in Texas and like this so much better than anywhere I have lived.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:56 PM

170 posts, read 981,994 times
Seattle actually has the same climate as most of Europe. To all our European Ancestors, this weather is normal.

In the winter, Germany almost has a permanent cloud cover. Same goes for the UK, France, Switzerland, Austria. My Austrian friend says it's never sunny in Austria.

Google image search a global climate map. You'll see Seattle/Portland are the only cities with a marine climtate in the states, but this climate covers most of Europe. New York City has a similar climate to Moscow, California to Portugal.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:49 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,367,674 times
Don't worry. There are optimists to be had. I've noticed over the course of the past few weeks that the "gloom and doomers" have begun to drown out the cheerier folks with their ranting and raving forum-wide, not just in WA. There is a thread in Pittsburgh right now highlighting this same thing of people being nitpicky and nasty towards one another, and the same can be said for the NEPA area. I think member TallysMom from Pittsburgh summed it up the best when she implied that the stress in our daily life stemming from the impending recession is spilling over into our cyber-lives as well. I myself cried (I know I'm the stereotypical gay guy here) yesterday over losing a longtime forum friend (whom I was planning on meeting in person) because she and I had a moderate disagreement that became blown up into an all-out argument in which many, many others jumped into as well, leading to a whole slew of unpleasantness (I still fear I may get banned for my role in the spat, but only time will tell to see how merciful Yac is).

I work in retail, and I've noticed more miserable, cranky, and rude customers over the past few weeks as well; I even just had a customer the other night scream at me on the phone for fifteen minutes because two of my superiors sold him a snowblower without a quart of oil. The smallest things have been setting EVERYONE off lately---in real life and on these forums as well it would seem. There are a lot of mentally unwell people out there (myself included as being manic depressive), and when you don't have much to luck forward to besides rising fuel prices, a slumping housing market, rising unemployment, mounting debt, an impending recession, a Middle-East quagmire, a growing number of Ann Coulter supporters (shudder), etc., it becomes hard to don those rose-colored glasses and forge onward. Those who have known me from the very beginning in mid-2006 have noted the changes in my own personality from optimistic youngster to cranky curmudgeon, but sadly I'm just one case of MANY who have become this way in recent weeks. Hopefully a new photo tour I'm planning next month will boost the spirits of myself and others.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:19 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,839,328 times
Those pictures are nice. Well I'm at the coast and it's been cloudy a lot today. However I'm still happy anyway. We have had more some sun this past week. I'm looking forward to more sunny days in the future.

P.S. No I'm not required to be happy as a Mod.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington