Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2017, 12:30 PM

1 posts, read 728 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about moving to Sequim and work at home and a high speed dependable internet is necessary. How is the internet service in Sequim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 03:22 PM

576 posts, read 2,260,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yulandaplane View Post
I am thinking about moving to Sequim and work at home and a high speed dependable internet is necessary. How is the internet service in Sequim?
Several threads here on internet service in the Sequim/PA area that will give you a lot of information.

Anyway, by high speed I assume you're after >100 or 150 Mbps down? If so, then the short answer is- it depends. Depends upon the particular location or address in Sequim. The way that it typically works here is that you give a local internet company (Wave Broadband etc.) your address and they will look to see if high speed internet is available in that particular part of town.

Generally speaking, internet service within Sequim city limits is pretty good in terms of reliability. Outside of city limits I would grade our internet here as somewhere in the so-so to mediocre range, unless you're talking about a fairly rural location and then I would grade internet service in those areas as dismal to non-existent.

An example to give you a feel for what I'm talking about- We're about 6 miles outside of Sequim in a reasonably populated area. The best internet speed that we can get here at our place is 10 Mbps down. Not what I consider "high speed" but adequate for most things like posting on City Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: