Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 10:17 PM

7,027 posts, read 4,887,277 times

Advertisements

I love the wind, the thunderstorms, and the occasional snow! Snow on Christmas is a bonus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2017, 12:09 AM

545 posts, read 411,243 times
What I like about Western WA-
The weather (never humid, not too hot in summer, very little snow in winter- today is an outlier)
The liberal politics
Very few bugs ( big ones at least)
It's beautiful here.
You can get good Asian food just about anywhere. Seafood, ditto.

There's a lot to dislike too (the traffic, the dark days of winter, cold and snobby people in Seattle) but not enough to make me want to move anywhere else.

Old 12-25-2017, 07:18 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,121,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I love the wind, the thunderstorms, and the occasional snow! Snow on Christmas is a bonus.
What thunderstorms?

Old 12-26-2017, 06:49 PM

7,027 posts, read 4,887,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
What thunderstorms?
We've gotten a few. There haven't been many for the last couple of years, but I can remember sitting here and watching the lightning and hearing the thunder crack.

Old 12-26-2017, 11:57 PM

6 posts, read 12,832 times
Talking Have to comment on Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by west seattle gal View Post
Being surrounded by nature. The snow capped mountains, water galore, clean air, green trees, overgrown ferns and vines, and diverse wildlife everywhere.
Dear West Seattle Gal - I wanted to learn what people love about our beautiful, magnificent state. I live in the eastern part of it, in Hunters, WA. I see the snow capped mountains you speak of, now that we have December snow. I see the magnificent Columbia River winding its' way through the land and glance in awe at its' beauty. Clean air, yes it is fresh and clean and i love it. Green trees, yes Lord, so many on hills and mountains, amazing and beautiful. Overgrown ferns and vines, which prompted me to buy some plant books so i could walk where i now live and discover what is growing here on our land. Each day as i walk down our road to the mailbox, i stop and thank God for the peace, quiet, beauty and being led to this place where i live. I collect rocks i have never seen in other places. I like the black ones with the white stripe running through them. Diverse wildlife, yes, another miracle to observe on the many days i have driven along our roads. Wild turkeys, quail, coyotes, bald eagles, hawks, baby bobcats, running and climbing trees, deer moms with their young. Just this morning, a mom turned and looked at me with her two babies close to her. Their eyes are so soulful. I love seeing them. I get a thrill each time i see them. Thank you for mentioning some of the things that also bring me joy every day. It is so nice to learn that whether in the West or in the East of our state we can enjoy the same joyous things. I love this state.

Old 12-27-2017, 01:36 AM

1,950 posts, read 3,526,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anniesapple13 View Post
Dear West Seattle Gal - I wanted to learn what people love about our beautiful, magnificent state. I live in the eastern part of it, in Hunters, WA. I see the snow capped mountains you speak of, now that we have December snow. I see the magnificent Columbia River winding its' way through the land and glance in awe at its' beauty. Clean air, yes it is fresh and clean and i love it. Green trees, yes Lord, so many on hills and mountains, amazing and beautiful. Overgrown ferns and vines, which prompted me to buy some plant books so i could walk where i now live and discover what is growing here on our land. Each day as i walk down our road to the mailbox, i stop and thank God for the peace, quiet, beauty and being led to this place where i live. I collect rocks i have never seen in other places. I like the black ones with the white stripe running through them. Diverse wildlife, yes, another miracle to observe on the many days i have driven along our roads. Wild turkeys, quail, coyotes, bald eagles, hawks, baby bobcats, running and climbing trees, deer moms with their young. Just this morning, a mom turned and looked at me with her two babies close to her. Their eyes are so soulful. I love seeing them. I get a thrill each time i see them. Thank you for mentioning some of the things that also bring me joy every day. It is so nice to learn that whether in the West or in the East of our state we can enjoy the same joyous things. I love this state.
This is truly a gorgeous state! Love your post.

Old 12-27-2017, 01:49 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,718,761 times
When I lived there, access to mountains and Puget Sound for hiking and sailing. When I lived in Eastern WA, I had access to the wild and scenic inland empire, all the way to Flathead Lake for hiking, fishing, hunting and sailing in freshwater lakes in Eastern and Western OR, Idaho and Montana. Portland wasn't the far away either.

But the summers could be brutally hot.

Old 12-28-2017, 07:23 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,093,761 times
A really really beautiful Christmas.
Attached Thumbnails
What is your favorite thing about living in Western Washington State?-dsc_0765.jpg  

Old 01-23-2018, 04:09 PM

202 posts, read 239,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
What I love about Western Washington: Not too cool winters, not too hot summers. The overcast, dark, drizzle I love. Proximity to the coast, the views of the cascades, olympics, Mt. Rainier, Mt. Baker. The ferries with the incredible views.

What I hate: The extreme liberalism, tweakers, the cost of living.
Yes, this.

Old 01-24-2018, 04:31 PM

6,223 posts, read 3,404,518 times
Define 'Western' Washington?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington