U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2018, 09:33 AM

513 posts, read 976,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neerwhal View Post
It is a seller's market. I am sure the people selling the homes don't think they are crap.

Why not?

The market is white hot. You aren't the only retirees. You want something you may have to work really hard to get it.

That said, there may be models in Washington or Idaho. Find the model online and ask the builders where they can be viewed in WA.
The market is white hot, ~200 people a day are joining the lemming train into Washington. Homes in the lower end of the market are getting bid up, in some places 10% over listing price or more. One house a co-worker of mine was in a bidding war on went from $329K to $356K, and then some out of town investor came in closer to $400k with a fast closing cash offer and that was that. Seemingly we have all forgotten about 2008 I have been to Idaho and you guys are in a different world than we are for housing, I understand why you are disappointed.
Also, I'd be very leery of moving into a park here. We've had several owners of parks sell out to developments and end up leaving all the occupants homeless and they are powerless to do anything about it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 04:46 PM

2,215 posts, read 753,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
What concerns with medical and internet service are you referring to? I have lived in Sequim for 18 years and I have never had those concerns.
I had Wave, and was very happy. Lack of medical care has been, and is still a problem out there. Doctors make more money in bigger cities.

North Olympic Peninsula faces its doctor shortage | Peninsula Daily News

No doctor? Where do you go? . . . The challenge of finding health care on the North Olympic Peninsula | Peninsula Daily News
---------------------------------------------------

Old 06-07-2018, 04:56 PM

2,215 posts, read 753,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
$700 lease on the property after paying $125K for the home...outrageous. I bet if they leave for what ever reason they will lose on the cost of the home. I mean who in their right mind would pay for a house and have a double payment...one for the house and one for the property? Crazy.
Because compared to home prices on the other side of the pond they are reasonably affordable.

Old 08-08-2018, 01:12 PM

9 posts, read 10,658 times
Cedar Ridge (Anderson is the builder) has smaller lots. I've seen their models.. really attractive and the builder has a good solid reputation. I'd love one of their homes, but want a bigger yard and their estates are just beyond my budget...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington