Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 02:14 AM

136 posts, read 180,106 times

Advertisements

How often do you visit Seattle? People in Tacoma etc and Snohomish county
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 08:44 AM

127 posts, read 107,328 times
From Lynnwood I visit Seattle a few times a year. More often the UW for doctor appointments, but for leisure in Seattle just a handful of times specifically to see shows or exhibits. Traffic is the main de-motivator.

Old 06-04-2018, 02:01 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,200,054 times
Even from the eastside not often.

Seattle is a disgrace to what can be a nice area (Bellevue, Mill Creek, Anacortes, Snoqualmie,
North Cascades, etc)

Old 06-04-2018, 10:26 PM

37 posts, read 43,428 times
I'm in Pierce. Other than passing through I think the last time I actually visited was 2015 for a Mariners game.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:17 PM

But isn't Seattle only 30 minutes away from you guys?

Old 06-05-2018, 07:50 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,200,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeWolf View Post
But isn't Seattle only 30 minutes away from you guys?
Where are you from OP? Seattle’s dumpiness can’t be understated, looks like a 3rd world country with all the homeless camps, junkies, garbage, and now needles all over the place. Really detracts from the natural views, hence sticking to the surroundings areas but avoiding Seattle.

Oh and there’s the traffic, congestion, and extremely expensive (if you can find it) parking situation, makes it not worth the hassle since there aren’t any real good restaurants or entertainment downtown, at least nothing better than what you can get in Bellevue for FAR less hassle

Old 06-06-2018, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
Where are you from OP? Seattle’s dumpiness can’t be understated, looks like a 3rd world country with all the homeless camps, junkies, garbage, and now needles all over the place. Really detracts from the natural views, hence sticking to the surroundings areas but avoiding Seattle.

Oh and there’s the traffic, congestion, and extremely expensive (if you can find it) parking situation, makes it not worth the hassle since there aren’t any real good restaurants or entertainment downtown, at least nothing better than what you can get in Bellevue for FAR less hassle
But don't people want to visit the "main" city? Like everyone in San Diego goes to Pacific Beach

Old 06-07-2018, 12:58 AM

37 posts, read 43,428 times
Quote:
But don't people want to visit the "main" city? Like everyone in San Diego goes to Pacific Beach
I've never lived in San Diego so I don't know about that. Nothing against Seattle but I just don't have much reason to visit. I can find most of what I want or need in the south sound without dealing with I-5.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:01 AM

147 posts, read 167,838 times
It takes some effort and time. First, you don't want to drive downtown, traffic and parking are an issue. So you would take public transportation. When you get to the park and ride to catch public transportation the parking lot is usually full. So you may need to find elsewhere to park. Then you have to wait for your ride. Then you get to your stop, you may need to uber or walk to your destinations depending on where you are going. If you want to go to a popular restaurant, you may need to wait in line. Then you need to plan your return trip on the schedule of the public transportation. I did it more when I retired and had lots of spare time.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:10 AM

127 posts, read 107,328 times
Quote:
I don’t know what San Diego is like but we don’t have a beach so there’s no single downtown destination drawing people in.

In fact, there is rarely a reason compelling enough to go downtown and deal with the hassle of cars and parking and public transit. No joke, my husband and I missed a cooking class once because we got stuck on a single block (i.e. we couldn’t turn off or change routes) for over three hours due to an accident and construction. Aside from the odd concert or Broadway performance, there’s nothing in Seattle I can’t find outside it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington