U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2008, 12:10 PM
CWG CWG started this thread

82 posts, read 225,360 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me any info on the Cooper point area of Olympia. Retired and trying to find a place wherer I'll want to stay. Love the Northwest.Other consideration would be San Juan Island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 01:31 PM

3,871 posts, read 15,210,381 times
On C-D we do recommend that you come for a visit to the area(s) you're thinking of, and roam around them to learn a bit what they're like. Areas in western WA can differ greatly from each other.

Did you Google Cooper Point WA? This is what I found:
cooper point wa - Google Search
A Search on C-D produced this:
Kent, Bonney Lake, Edgewood, Auburn, Covington - Area info please!!
and
Olympia areas that are considered "family friendly"?
and
Olympia East vs. Olympia West

All the San Juan Islands are beautiful and most areas are bucolic. Real estate on San Juan Island will be pretty expensive, and there are few resources for medical treatment, grocery shopping, book stores, etc. Everything you'd want to buy has to be ferried to the island and is higher-priced than on the mainland. I imagine you've already looked on Realtor.com.

About San Juan Island, you might find these C-D threads informative:
Need help in choosing area to retire in W. washington
and
Anyone live in San Juan Islands?
and
looking for "classy" island vacation home!
and
Pacific Northwest/West Coast small town/rural area
and
Relocating: smallish, liberal, affordable?
and
Eastside and beyond - family fun?
and
Page 2 of Relocating... Looking for Advice on City, Area?

Old 04-05-2008, 01:36 PM
CWG CWG started this thread

82 posts, read 225,360 times
Thank you very much for the info.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:38 PM

3,871 posts, read 15,210,381 times
CWG, please refresh the page -- I just added more! :-)

Old 04-05-2008, 03:58 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,586,860 times
CWG,
The Cooper Point area of Olympia is located on Olympia's West Side, with easy access to HWY 101 and I-5. The Olympia Golf and Country Club is located on Cooper Point. Generally, the further out toward the point you live, the more expensive the homes, as many will have water views, Mount Rainier views, or Olympic Mountain Range views. Much of Olympia's retail is located on the West Side, with the Westfield Shopping Center, Auto Mall, Target, Pier 1, World Market etc.
Let me know if I can answer any more questions for you. I would definitely recommend a visit before you plan to move, so you can get better acquainted.

Sandy

Old 04-08-2008, 12:15 AM

479 posts, read 1,798,785 times
Cooper Point is nice, higly recomend it. If you like Cooper Point you might also consider looking into Boston Harbor which is also in Olympia. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington