U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 01:18 AM

2 posts, read 14,182 times

Advertisements

The ephedrine they use is harshly regulated , but where there's a will there's a way . They have a new method now , and it's mainly the mexican gangs producing it now . If they're breaking down their task forces then it just proves my point . They just don't care . Meth users consitute about 3/4 of the identity theft and credit card fraud in western washington . Tell me that doesn't seem like a big problem . And the reason for the decrease in meth lab busts isn't less meth labs . It's just smarter criminals .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 10:09 AM

2 posts, read 5,328 times
There is worse areas up north in Washington, around Mt. Baker.

--------------------
Mike
http://www.lli5s.org
http://www.hamflap.com
http://www.etcwa.com
http://www.servinit.com

Old 03-17-2009, 02:17 AM

3 posts, read 7,940 times
" If you're living in a normal middle-class area, it won't effect you."

You are so wrong, my friend. It's still there, just less visible. As someone who has lost a few friends to meth, let me tell you they lived in some of the best neighborhoods. It can be very tempting to a driven person, trying to get ahead in his/her career to do meth and work solid for 36 hours, pouring out a lot of work. Of course, after time, the work won't be so good. And the mood swings can be hard for your coworkers and bosses to deal with. Each of my friends who died had had mid six-figure careers, beautiful homes and they each lost it all. I've also heard of people who have heard it will help them lose weight. And that's true, it will. My friend Mike went from about 220 pounds to about 115 before he died. But remember it's incredibly addictive. None of my friends were able to kick it and they tried very hard. They said in their Meth annonymous meetings it was rare to find anyone who had six months sobriety.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:22 PM

3,635 posts, read 2,979,695 times
Meth is national and has little to do with any one state, there are counties in Washington state that are abundant in rural geography, deep woods, high hills, and low population numbers. All these attributes are nescessary for the clandestine "cooking" of Meth, but it is cooked in Motels as well. Tacoma has a long history of crime and violence, it started as a mill town, it grew into a huge metropolis stretching for miles down the I5 corridor. Like all growing towns it has had it's share of pains. The neighborhoods have grown along class lines like all US cities, Tacoma has it's share of good ones but the bad ones are really bad. As the economy goes down I know these areas of bad housing and gangland hero's will spread, driving out the good folks and creating slum conditions far and wide. Come out to the coast with your eyes open and you'll be alright, it always going to be about good and bad areas and whether you can afford to be where the police are punctual and treat you with respect.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:50 PM

309 posts, read 905,973 times
Having grown up in Missouri, I'm confident the problem isn't as bad as I'm used to.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:26 PM

343 posts, read 1,226,005 times
Really about half the people living in Pierce county should be arrested LOL

Old 04-03-2009, 06:55 AM

15 posts, read 42,366 times
If you google Pierce County meth you will get to a link to Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department > Meth Lab Cleanup (http://www.tpchd.org/page.php?id=185 - broken link) which gives you a link for a list of Methamphetamine Contaminated Properties. -JJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington