Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 10:38 AM

6,227 posts, read 3,409,932 times

Advertisements

The governor of Washington, Jay Inslee, want to impose higher taxes on you and small businesses.

Quote:
Most of the revenue from the $3.7 billion tax package proposed by Inslee comes from an increase in the business and occupation tax on services provided by accountants, attorneys, real estate agents and others. Under his plan, that tax would increase from 1.5 percent to 2.5 percent, which would raise $2.6 billion in his proposed $54.4 billion 2019-21 budget.
About $975 million would be raised in fiscal year 2021 from a 9 percent capital gains tax on earnings from the sale of stocks, bonds and other assets above $25,000 for individuals and $50,000 for those who file jointly. The tax would take effect in mid-2020.
Inslee proposes capital gains tax in new budget | Peninsula Daily News

Jay-Jay how about cutting government spending instead! Stop giving freebees to illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 02:06 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
Jay seems to think that if he raises the tax on professional services, that people will continue to use the same level of professional services. Like saying, hey, I can double the price I charge for a hamburger, and it will be all profit!

He does not seem to realize that most people are smarter than that. And probably smarter than he is.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:23 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,293,258 times
Maybe he think 1.5% to 2.5% is a 1% increase - and how bad can a 1% increase be?

(It's a 67% increase. An example in dollars: a $3,000 bill becomes $5,000.)

Old 12-15-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
Maybe he think 1.5% to 2.5% is a 1% increase - and how bad can a 1% increase be?

(It's a 67% increase. An example in dollars: a $3,000 bill becomes $5,000.)

Spread that 1% around to all the services that you may or may not use and apply it to people on a fixed income....Increasing the B&O tax will effect all small businesses. Small businesses in California fled that state for the same reason that Inslee wants in Washington.

Old 12-16-2018, 12:42 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,200,054 times
Jay is proving, once again, he’s from the Seattle school of stupidity and cornerstone member of the Seattle chapter of DENSA, the low IQ society

Old 12-16-2018, 03:10 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,367,466 times
It is a wish list, in hope that the Legislature, controlled by Democrats, will give him some of it.

One of the top priorities will be revising the Republican-dictated "solution" to McCleary, which is dinging western washington property owners to pay for basic education in eastern Washington.

Old 12-16-2018, 04:46 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,046,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
One of the top priorities will be revising the Republican-dictated "solution" to McCleary, which is dinging western washington property owners to pay for basic education in eastern Washington.
Well, it was a western Washington student that filed suit because his western Washington school district was poor and the state of Washington wasn't providing the "paramount" duty demanded by the state constitution in funding education in the state.

It was pretty funny watching all of that from eastern Washington's perspective. BTW...the school districts that overfunded their schools due to the state of Washington refusing to adequately fund k-12 education are the ones receiving the tax breaks.

I have two homes in Chelan County. One in "working" school district and the other in a school district where most homes are owned by 206'ers. I will get a tax break in my "working" school district, but my taxes will be going up in the "vacation home" school district, since they are so wealthy.

BUT, the important part that people are not paying attention is that Governor Inslee and the Democrats are once again, proposing letting the "rich" school districts raise local levies AGAIN. THAT was what lead to the McCleary decision!!!

Really, "Separate but equal" was declared unconstitutional in schools by the US Supreme Court IF it was based on race. That was in 1954.

Inslee and the Democrats are proposing "Separate but equal", based on income. Enough already.

It is time to disband all the local school districts and have the state of Washington take over education statewide. It is the ONLY way to avoid the "separate but equal" situation.

Why do Inslee and the Democrats think it is wrong to help poor students of color get a quality education??

Last edited by 509; 12-16-2018 at 05:06 PM..

Old 12-16-2018, 06:46 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times
As I have posted before, Jay once represented the 4th district as a US congressman. This district includes Yakima, in eastern WA. I don't think he is as liberal as some make him out to be. He tends to be a moderate when it comes to business and growth. I have no major complaints with this future Presidential candidate. Though, as said again, I don't think he has any real chance for that office. However, his running will certainly propel him to national notice, which may be his gameplan.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:29 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,271,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
As I have posted before, Jay once represented the 4th district as a US congressman. This district includes Yakima, in eastern WA. I don't think he is as liberal as some make him out to be. He tends to be a moderate when it comes to business and growth. I have no major complaints with this future Presidential candidate. Though, as said again, I don't think he has any real chance for that office. However, his running will certainly propel him to national notice, which may be his gameplan.
What? You're kidding right?

Inslee was ranked by the Cato institute (an admittedly semi-biased, but mostly Libertarian group) as the absolute worst governor in the country for taxing-and-spending. He as fiscally far-left as a politician can get.

https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.o...s-governor.pdf

Old 12-19-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
What? You're kidding right?

Inslee was ranked by the Cato institute (an admittedly semi-biased, but mostly Libertarian group) as the absolute worst governor in the country for taxing-and-spending. He as fiscally far-left as a politician can get.

Wow... I am surprised that Inslee is rated above Jerry Brown...Just wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington