U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 12:14 PM

7,943 posts, read 7,474,673 times

Advertisements

Since you work from home and your wife is a stay-at-home, why not look at North Kitsap? For instance:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...23434177_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...3433800_zpid/?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...23433800_zpid/

Connected to Seattle through car/fast ferries. Close to Olympic Peninsula and many wilderness hiking/camping opportunities.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 05:32 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,712,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Thanks for sharing yours and Lonely Planet's descriptions! Honestly, it sounds perfect to me! I have a cousin there for many years and she loves it. The last time I was remotely close (but not quite there) was when we went to Anacortes to catch the ferry over to Friday Harbor. It's stunning up that way - I'd love to see it now. Truly, it's sounds pretty great to me!
Sure thing! If you have questions about Bham, let me know. Again, it is expensive, but not compared to bigger cities on the West Coast. Anyway, I'll probably get in trouble from a couple posters who get mad when I speak positively about it. They don't want the secret to get out. Speaking of secrets, I stumbled onto this travel blog the other day with a new entry about Bellingham. I thought you might find it interesting. Enjoy! WA's best kept secret?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5z1Og8kyWM&t=3s

Old 08-16-2019, 01:08 PM

1,457 posts, read 1,255,066 times
Diana knows her stuff- I like all the towns in SW Waashington- Cathlamet, Skamokawa, South Bend-- all friendly , clean , great summers and inexpensive. Long Beach is. a. bit touristy and costs more but its great for beaches.

Old 08-18-2019, 03:47 PM

814 posts, read 635,859 times
Thank you all for responding with your input! I've been slammed with work and driving around like crazy this last week. We ended up staying in Olympia and Bellingham and got a pretty good pulse for things there and in between. Man is my butt sore ha.. I'll elaborate a little more below here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
The only places I would really rule out would be RIGHT downtown Olympia and right in the homeless jungle areas mostly near the freeway in town, where the homeless camps have been. And that said, the last time I drove through Olympia, it looked a LOT better. The big parking lot sanctioned homeless "camp" that sat downtown with a fence around it last year is gone. I don't know what the solution to the problem is, but it's not that. That was terrible. Now, I think most of them have moved out under bridges and in some of the other woods camps out of sight. Maybe not cured, but I'm sure the downtown businesses are relieved and it's out of sight. Just like Seattle, the homeless issue is real, but it's not a depressed econonmy issue. There's lots of jobs and money here. It's a drug addiction issue.

There isn't real high crime anywhere, but I think the days of leaving things unlocked should be long past, be prudent and I think you'll be safe anywhere... there aren't *dangerous* parts of any of these towns, Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater, South Thurston County rural communities or Shelton and Peninsula communities.

I went to Tumwater schools, so I'm biased even if Olympia might test slightly better. I think they're all pretty good. I don't think the small town schools in Rochester and Tenino are bad, they just probably have less resources than the bigger class A schools do. Depends what you are looking for... Small classes, or big band or sports scholarships?

I tend to think the rain shadow is a setup for disappointment, and it doesn't rain near enough here in summer... it's already dry and it's only the first of August.

DO check it out. Check out Tenino and the outlying areas, and Rochester, although Rochester doesn't have the cute old town core that Tenino does. We do have a new Mariott right by the freeway though.
So we stayed downtown right on Capital near Capital Park. I see the homeless issue you speak of ha.. Not too bad considering I lived in Berkeley for some time. Overall downtown is pretty clean, a bit smaller than I remembered.

The first day we drove around a good bit and ate on the water at Anthony's, that was really nice although the food wasn't great. Went and walked around Capital Mall to see what was lurking. Pretty clean mall and well behaved (especially compared to Southcenter ha). We like the conglomerate of shopping in that area (ie Trader Joes,Target etc..). Drove around a bit in that area and looked at houses in the $300-$350k range and liked the area but it's a bit pricey for what you get (good school though). Drove south around the west side of Black Lake and really liked that area despite cell phone service being almost non existent. Schools look to be a bit further away across the lake in Tumwater but good schools none the less.

Later we drove into Graham to look at some homes. Seemed like most neighborhoods east of i-5 into Lacey and east were depressed. Would have liked to have went north into Roy but didn't have daylight.

Wanted to go down to Tenino and a realtor suggested the same but didn't have the time since we wanted to head to Bellingham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosin View Post

Chimicum/Port Hadlock/Irondale (maybe even Quilcene?): Would that be a possibility? Closer to PT for Father (I'm assuming your child's grandfather?) OK, it's further from the "city" as you like, but this location would still put you less than 2 hours from Seattle (but not on a Sunday, for sure).

I hear good things about Chimicum schools, but I cannot speak to the neighborhoods themselves as I live in Kitsap. My impression is most of the area is a live-and-let-live society overall, but I do see Trump/MAGA signs occasionally.

I wish I could recommend my town, but it's Median has also skyrocketed outside your price range.

We wanted to head up the Peninsula through Port Orchard,Bremerton, and into Poulsbo,Silverdale,etc but wanted to hit the top two areas of interest first. I didn't realize there are some good pockets of schools in Silverdale,Poulsbo,and Kingston. Not very familiar with any of these areas in the last 20 years so we're gonna check them out in the next few weeks along with Port Angeles and Sequim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post
I think you're making a big mistake lumping Bellingham in with Mount Vernon. Bellingham is a - depending on who you talk to - smaller, past-its-prime hippie city with a lot of urban decay.

Mount Vernon is a semi-rural big town surrounded by farms; while it does have the occasional city-like problems of crime (and even some gang-related stuff, if I recall?), it is in no way equivalent to Bellingham. I would describe Mount Vernon as "pretty quiet" and Bellingham as "wannabe frenetic and trashy."
Yes very different. We drove around both quite a bit this last week.

Bellingham was much smaller city wise from my memories in the 90's. Our first area of interest were the homes in Sudden Valley near the SW corner of Lake Whatcom. We liked this area a bit hilly and possibly a challenge during snow days but overall semi affordable and decent schools a bit away. Bummer they have a HOA and propane only though. Did enjoy walking the waterfront in Fairhaven.. very expensive part of town though geez.

There were only a couple small ramblers below $350k closer to town that just didn't justify the price or schooling.

We went into Ferndale and looked at some homes. A bit too depressed for us although semi clean. Very small town feeling and not much commerce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Most likely the 41.3% Hispanic demographic, a lot of farm workers whose first language is not English, and they tend to have several/many kids. Then there is the chronic absenteeism, and yes, the best schools are in more upscale areas. Yakima median family income is only $42,000. One of the other cities you are considering, Puyallup, is at $63,000 and Snohomish is $69,000.

https://www.yakimaherald.com/news/ed...1bb93d384.html

https://www.yakimaherald.com/news/ed...aaeb977bb.html
Thanks for pointing out these stats. Yakima is most likely off the radar. We may go on a trip to Ellensburg and Wenatchee just to get some piece of mind. We'll see not holding my breath as I feel AC prices in the summer will offset the price a good bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razmatazzy View Post
Have you considered Wenatchee?
No worries about cost of Heat/AC as it is about the cheapest in the country.

That budget would be a bit low but you could probably find something if you were patient. Also Cashmere is close and priced a bit lower. If you can stand the heat and desert type environment it may be worth a look. It is all about the kids and plenty for them to do.
I hear about some crime but don't encounter it.
Gonna see hopefully here later this month or next month if camping weather holds out

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartonizer View Post
Bellingham is kryptonite to conservatives; which means it's probably exactly what the OP is looking for. "Past its prime" - LOL. When was its prime? When the town was industrial and smelled like pulp mills and salmon canneries? When's the last time you visited? It's gentrifying somewhat rapidly, and is known for being a gorgeous place with a highly educated population, funky shops, an open attitude, and tons of breweries and beer gardens scattered throughout neighborhoods. Buying a house here has been a GREAT investment, and by far the main complaints are that there aren't enough high paying jobs and affordable housing for most people.
To be honest I didn't see enough in Bellingham to justify the extra money over Olympia. I do like how clean it is generally, but we'll have to see what prices do in the next few quarters.

Quote:
Bellingham is probably a great fit for you- very progressive and independent-like a much safer mini-Portland or mini-Seattle, and without all the traffic (except for north of town in the mall/retail area). Every one of my friends in town who has children says that it is very idyllic, providing both ample and accessible outdoor recreational activities, as well as culture that comes from having a large university in town and a thriving arts scene. Much of city (and amenities) is surprisingly walkable and bikeable, we have good public transportation, cool neighborhoods, and two separate downtown commercial areas- so there are a always a decent amount of things going on...

The main challenge is in finding something affordable in the middle of town within your price range, but it can be done.

FWIW, Mt. Vernon isn't a bad option- it's a growing community and gets a lot of people who work in Bham but have been priced out. It's noticeably more conservative, and overall a bit more country- which isn't an insult, just an observation. It's more affordable, again not a bad commuting or living option, just a bit of a different mindset than Bellingham, which definitely feels like more of a liberal enclave.
We drove around Mt. Vernon and Burlington a good bit and did some outlet shopping. Not a bad town.. plenty of chain stores and commerce but we couldn't find any good schools unfortunately.

Also drove around Marysville and Everett looking at homes and couldn't find stuff in our price range let alone in good school areas. Surprised considering some commute to Seattle/east side from these towns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
They won’t find much available on Bellingham at their price point unless they want a fixer upper or modular home. They might find something in outlying communities like Deming or Custer.
Sudden Valley was nice I will say..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Since you work from home and your wife is a stay-at-home, why not look at North Kitsap? For instance:

Connected to Seattle through car/fast ferries. Close to Olympic Peninsula and many wilderness hiking/camping opportunities.
Thank you.. We are definitely considering looking around these areas as we like the option of being able to hop on the ferry to Seattle/Shoreline. Going to try and make a leg over to Port Angeles/Sequim and then down through Kitsap in the next few weeks.

Old 08-18-2019, 04:53 PM

12,213 posts, read 8,944,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
Thank you all for responding with your input! I've been slammed with work and driving around like crazy this last week. We ended up staying in Olympia and Bellingham and got a pretty good pulse for things there and in between. Man is my butt sore ha.. I'll elaborate a little more below here.

So we stayed downtown right on Capital near Capital Park. I see the homeless issue you speak of ha.. Not too bad considering I lived in Berkeley for some time. Overall downtown is pretty clean, a bit smaller than I remembered.

The first day we drove around a good bit and ate on the water at Anthony's, that was really nice although the food wasn't great. Went and walked around Capital Mall to see what was lurking. Pretty clean mall and well behaved (especially compared to Southcenter ha). We like the conglomerate of shopping in that area (ie Trader Joes,Target etc..). Drove around a bit in that area and looked at houses in the $300-$350k range and liked the area but it's a bit pricey for what you get (good school though). Drove south around the west side of Black Lake and really liked that area despite cell phone service being almost non existent. Schools look to be a bit further away across the lake in Tumwater but good schools none the less.

Go Tumwater!

Sounds like you had a productive trip!

Verizon has better coverage in rural WA than others we've compared!

Generally speaking, you get more for your money the further out of 'town' you are... there nice places in rural Tumwater School District and Tenino, without being too far out. I do hope if you come back you have time to go look out that direction too.

Old 08-20-2019, 05:02 AM

1,394 posts, read 1,712,985 times
Quote:

Bellingham was much smaller city wise from my memories in the 90's. Our first area of interest were the homes in Sudden Valley near the SW corner of Lake Whatcom. We liked this area a bit hilly and possibly a challenge during snow days but overall semi affordable and decent schools a bit away. Bummer they have a HOA and propane only though. Did enjoy walking the waterfront in Fairhaven.. very expensive part of town though geez.

There were only a couple small ramblers below $350k closer to town that just didn't justify the price or schooling.

We went into Ferndale and looked at some homes. A bit too depressed for us although semi clean. Very small town feeling and not much commerce.

To be honest I didn't see enough in Bellingham to justify the extra money over Olympia. I do like how clean it is generally, but we'll have to see what prices do in the next few quarters.

We drove around Mt. Vernon and Burlington a good bit and did some outlet shopping. Not a bad town.. plenty of chain stores and commerce but we couldn't find any good schools unfortunately.

Sudden Valley was nice I will say..

Thank you.. We are definitely considering looking around these areas as we like the option of being able to hop on the ferry to Seattle/Shoreline. Going to try and make a leg over to Port Angeles/Sequim and then down through Kitsap in the next few weeks.
I may have a been a bit off in terms of how I viewed your priorities, and I certainly understand the pricing issue, as there's little on the market now under 350k. That may be changing, but looking back at your post, I can see why Olympia may be a better deal for you.

What makes Bellingham worth more than Olympia (to us, anyway), isn't necessarily evident from a quick look at houses for sale in the area. Again, just our observations, but there are some of the bigger differences that may or may not be important to you:

*Proportionately, much more of Bellingham-and many more neighborhoods- are safely and easily walkable and bikeable to things like grocery stores, restaurants and parks. There are also a ton of connected trails and a rapidly growing amount of bike lanes. Also, the transit system is also quite nice, functional and effective.

*There seems to be much more going on in Bellingham, with multiple commercial areas (Fairhaven, Downtown, Barkley), our own commercial airport, the Alaskan Ferry, etc.

*Bellingham is much more of a college town with the good, bad, and influence in general that comes from a full service major institution like Western Washington U's 16,000+ students vs. Evergreen State's 3,000+. There are also several large community colleges.

*Bellingham is much less connected to the Seattle metro area and its traffic.

*Bellingham is slightly darker in the winter due to latitude, but receives substantially less average annual rainfall than Olympia (~35" vs ~50") and milder temperatures (for example, much less likely to have a 90 degree day in summer). That said, there are more microclimates in Bellingham as the mountains are closer, and actually touch the sea. For example, areas near the bay receive far more sun and less rain/snow than Sudden Valley or Lake Padden, Lake Whatcom, or Lake Samish.

Speaking of Sudden Valley, I'm kind of surprised you like it but I can obviously see the appeal- it's a pretty, forested mountain community that looks like vacation property (and historically was, for Vancouverites). And you probably noticed that the price per square foot is about half of what you'd encounter looking at a house in town. Going back to what I was saying earlier-proximity to amenities, especially bikeability, walkability, and access to trails- are desired, and big source of pride here. The scenery 15-20 minutes from town is pretty- but convenience, especially to commercial areas- is especially in demand here. Still, for many the price could be worth it.

And do I think it's worth mentioning that in the last few years, Bellingham has developed more of a reputation as an outdoor adventure town. With Bellingham as the basecamp for Mt. Baker and the North Cascades and Galbraith and Chuckanut mountains literally right here, this place has become a solid ski/snowboard, hiking and especially as a mountain bike destination city. You're paying for access to nature and a bit of a premium to be part of the community.

If the above differences mentioned are important to you, then you may see the value in paying slightly more, and it may be worth waiting to see the market slows a little bit. if not, some of the other choices may be better options.

Old 08-20-2019, 10:57 AM

2,985 posts, read 2,187,712 times
Bellingham is expensive, OP might get a townhouse for their budget if they are the successful *bidder* unless they have a large amount of $$$ to put down.
There is potentially a lot to do as Bartonizer states, but for many the cost of housing is simply a deal breaker. Sudden Valley HOA is awful and for workers the commute into B'ham is lengthy as it has only one arterial into town which backs up a long ways(not a concern for work from home though).

For me, if I worked from home I'd look for the smallest town with lower cost housing that still had good internet. Your wanted travel distance to the sound/ocean is reasonable and you should be able to find something.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post

Didn't get a chance to check out Kingston but we ended up taking a ferry from Fauntleroy to Southport yesterday. It's been so many years since I've explored Kitsap Co.

Port Orchard- Went to the Farmers Market there and enjoyed the scenery. Not the warmest people at the market but not cold. I'm still really getting used to the more standoffish attitude here in Washington, especially since I work from home. Not many mixed race folks but that's not a deal breaker as I know we're in the minority anyways ;P. p Drove around a few neighborhoods near downtown and liked the value to lot/sqare footage size. A bit hit and miss with regards to people keeping up their properties. I can definitely see the higher turnover aspect the Navy population instills. I wish schools were better but not quite ruling this area out.

Bremerton- Very similar to PO but perhaps a bit more run down? Seems a bit more expansive as well. We crossed over the bridge and went into East Bremerton on the way up to Silverdale and found a few areas that could work. Got caught up in concert traffic oh boy ha.. Been decades since I've been to a show there. Schools again not very good.. why is it that so many middle schools in this state are struggling? Not real hard to find k-6 or 9-12 schools with better scores but middle schools are tough to come across in our price range.

Silverdale- Definitely the shopping mecca for the surrounding cities. Walked the mall to stretch our legs and to get a feel for things. Sensed a little outsider vibe and separation.. I could be wrong but I get a sense people are not happy with all the overlap and heavy concentration of people moving in. Despite all the chain stores we really like how everything butts up to the water. Ideally we'd live on the outskirts.

Poulsbo- What a very cool town reminds me of old memories in Victoria and Leavenworth (forgive me I've not been to either in years). We walked the shops and had a great time.. Really like how it seems artist driven, came across some real nice people. Didn't get outside of the small town too much but wished we had, had to get into Seattle for dinner however.

All in all crime seemed rather low in Kitsap Co and areas outside of the commerce were clean. Cell signal doesn't seem to be great but I can live with that. Going to explore a bit more when we head over the Port Townsend, Sequim,Port Angeles.

Quote:
[/b]

Go Tumwater!

Sounds like you had a productive trip!

Verizon has better coverage in rural WA than others we've compared!

Generally speaking, you get more for your money the further out of 'town' you are... there nice places in rural Tumwater School District and Tenino, without being too far out. I do hope if you come back you have time to go look out that direction too.

That house in Tumwater still has our heart. Out of all the areas we've explored this summer this area is my favorite thus far. Need to get down to Tenino and perhaps Chehalis/Centralia to get some piece of mind. If there are any other areas worth checking let me know please.

Quote:
I may have a been a bit off in terms of how I viewed your priorities, and I certainly understand the pricing issue, as there's little on the market now under 350k. That may be changing, but looking back at your post, I can see why Olympia may be a better deal for you.

What makes Bellingham worth more than Olympia (to us, anyway), isn't necessarily evident from a quick look at houses for sale in the area. Again, just our observations, but there are some of the bigger differences that may or may not be important to you:

*Proportionately, much more of Bellingham-and many more neighborhoods- are safely and easily walkable and bikeable to things like grocery stores, restaurants and parks. There are also a ton of connected trails and a rapidly growing amount of bike lanes. Also, the transit system is also quite nice, functional and effective.

*There seems to be much more going on in Bellingham, with multiple commercial areas (Fairhaven, Downtown, Barkley), our own commercial airport, the Alaskan Ferry, etc.

*Bellingham is much more of a college town with the good, bad, and influence in general that comes from a full service major institution like Western Washington U's 16,000+ students vs. Evergreen State's 3,000+. There are also several large community colleges.

*Bellingham is much less connected to the Seattle metro area and its traffic.

*Bellingham is slightly darker in the winter due to latitude, but receives substantially less average annual rainfall than Olympia (~35" vs ~50") and milder temperatures (for example, much less likely to have a 90 degree day in summer). That said, there are more microclimates in Bellingham as the mountains are closer, and actually touch the sea. For example, areas near the bay receive far more sun and less rain/snow than Sudden Valley or Lake Padden, Lake Whatcom, or Lake Samish.

Speaking of Sudden Valley, I'm kind of surprised you like it but I can obviously see the appeal- it's a pretty, forested mountain community that looks like vacation property (and historically was, for Vancouverites). And you probably noticed that the price per square foot is about half of what you'd encounter looking at a house in town. Going back to what I was saying earlier-proximity to amenities, especially bikeability, walkability, and access to trails- are desired, and big source of pride here. The scenery 15-20 minutes from town is pretty- but convenience, especially to commercial areas- is especially in demand here. Still, for many the price could be worth it.

And do I think it's worth mentioning that in the last few years, Bellingham has developed more of a reputation as an outdoor adventure town. With Bellingham as the basecamp for Mt. Baker and the North Cascades and Galbraith and Chuckanut mountains literally right here, this place has become a solid ski/snowboard, hiking and especially as a mountain bike destination city. You're paying for access to nature and a bit of a premium to be part of the community.

If the above differences mentioned are important to you, then you may see the value in paying slightly more, and it may be worth waiting to see the market slows a little bit. if not, some of the other choices may be better options.
Bellingham is nice and I love how many fishing lakes there are around (boat owner). Schools are great and crime is low however it's hard right now to justify the pricing per sq ft. Also I think we'd rather spend the same money and live in Mill Creek, Renton Highlands/Issaquah,or the Maple Valley area to be closer to family and more action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
Bellingham is expensive, OP might get a townhouse for their budget if they are the successful *bidder* unless they have a large amount of $$$ to put down.
There is potentially a lot to do as Bartonizer states, but for many the cost of housing is simply a deal breaker. Sudden Valley HOA is awful and for workers the commute into B'ham is lengthy as it has only one arterial into town which backs up a long ways(not a concern for work from home though).

For me, if I worked from home I'd look for the smallest town with lower cost housing that still had good internet. Your wanted travel distance to the sound/ocean is reasonable and you should be able to find something.
Yes I found out about the HOA dues after talking to a few people. Hard to factor those in. Also the amount of steep hills had me wondering just how things would pan out if/when snow and ice move in. I'd imagine most back streets would be snow show only.

We're still open to suggestions in the small town low cost housing department.

Areas to still check out are Port Townsend,Sequim, Port Angeles. All seem to offer a bit more per sq ft but school start to degrade a bit more rankings wise. Not sure how much stock I put into these rankings if the towns as a whole are more respectful and have better core values than bigger cities with smaller pockets of good scores. Also still need to check out the Lake Tapps and Bonney Lake areas.

We may take another trip up to go see my mom in Friday Harbor before summers end. I've always really liked it there but it may be a bit too isolated for my lady.

With the economy heading full steam into a recession we may try and hold out another 6-12 months and see how much prices drop and really do more homework. I wish we could wait longer but the house we're in now is most likely gonna need to be sold before it bottoms out.

Please keep the insight coming

Old 08-25-2019, 08:46 PM

12,213 posts, read 8,944,794 times
Quote:
That house in Tumwater still has our heart. Out of all the areas we've explored this summer this area is my favorite thus far. Need to get down to Tenino and perhaps Chehalis/Centralia to get some piece of mind. If there are any other areas worth checking let me know please.
Of the areas around here, Tumwater and Olympia are going test the best for schools and the best neighborhoods.

Centralia/Chehalis will, I'm fairly sure after reading your impressions of other local towns, be more run down and gritty than you are looking for. It's got it's good points, and if you were looking for affordable farm property or big acreage with pretty views of our local volcanoes, Lewis County is where to find it! But if not.... I probably wouldn't go out of my way to point you there from your descriptions so far.

Old 08-28-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Of the areas around here, Tumwater and Olympia are going test the best for schools and the best neighborhoods.

Centralia/Chehalis will, I'm fairly sure after reading your impressions of other local towns, be more run down and gritty than you are looking for. It's got it's good points, and if you were looking for affordable farm property or big acreage with pretty views of our local volcanoes, Lewis County is where to find it! But if not.... I probably wouldn't go out of my way to point you there from your descriptions so far.
Thanks Diana..

I'd like to get down to Mt St Helens possibly before summers end so we may stop through and poke around. Appreciate all your insight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington