Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2019, 01:15 PM

3 posts, read 3,204 times

Advertisements

I have some job prospects available to me in Washington and was wondering if anyone knew anything about the following towns/cities?
Monroe, Woodland, Oceanark, Grandview, Wenatchee,Edmonds, Pullman, Okanogon, Ferndale, Lakewood, Yakima, Redmond.
Any input would be much appreciated
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2019, 02:23 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,616,010 times
First question - do you have a preference for rainy/not-so-rainy and/or for cold/not-so-cold?

Second question - do you like outdoor recreation? what kinds?

Old 12-13-2019, 02:29 PM

4,482 posts, read 9,245,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1H1 View Post
I have some job prospects available to me in Washington and was wondering if anyone knew anything about the following towns/cities?
Monroe, Woodland, Oceanark, Grandview, Wenatchee,Edmonds, Pullman, Okanogon, Ferndale, Lakewood, Yakima, Redmond.
Any input would be much appreciated
Those are all over the state. (Except that I don't know of any Oceanark. Could it be Ocean Park?) Before you get into the details of each city, maybe you can narrow down your list by looking at general areas.

First step, geography: find the cities on a map and do some reading on general areas of Washington. Western Washington has a very different climate from the eastern part of the state. Do you want to live in a place that is cool, dark, and wet all winter? Or one that gets colder winters, but with sunshine, and hotter summers? Do you want to live in a mountainous area? Does it matter to you whether you are surrounded by trees or near water?

Next, do you care whether you live near a large city? Do you use airports often? Would you prefer somewhere with public transportation? Does traffic bother you? Are you comfortable in a little apartment, or a suburban house, or in a rural area? Do you want to be near fancy restaurants? Museums? Farms and horse stables?

If none of that is important, tell us what is. What do you want to know about those cities?

Old 12-13-2019, 02:57 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,569 posts, read 57,505,129 times
age range?
Need access to medical?
Are you VA qualified?
Will you be seeking higher edu?
Do you have indoor hobbies or outdoor?
Do you like water? (from the sky and coastline)
Or do you prefer desert / arid terrain?
Do you need HS internet?
Do you like to commute by bike or walking? or do you typically use a car?

How far is too far to airport or medical treatments? (LT cancer / dialysis...)

Old 12-13-2019, 08:26 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,183,251 times
All those cities exist.

Fake bot post

Next

Old 12-13-2019, 09:05 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,744,272 times
1st post. Random cities all over the place. Yep.

Old 12-13-2019, 10:03 PM

3 posts, read 3,204 times
I'm not a bot, thanks for the citydata welcome for my first post.

I'm in the medical profession looking to work in underserved areas where they need medical providers , early 40's and there are opportunities for me in each of the cities/towns I have listed on the internet. I have only visited Seattle, and while I like the city and am not tied down to living an urban lifestyle.
I like having all 4 seasons, cold doesn't bother me, I have a down parka ready for winter weather and a SUV ready to handle snow if necessary. I don't mind hot summers, up to 90 degrees. rain doesn't bother me either.
I enjoy fishing, I like bike riding. I enjoy hiking. being 1 hr from decent fishing holes would be great.
Being 2 hours near an airport would be nice, high speed internet would be nice.
I would prefer to live in an apartment complex or rent a house initially. Having a selection of different restaurants would be nice.

So if you have visited, lived in, or know anything about the above listed towns/cities it would be appreciated

Old 12-13-2019, 10:17 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,671,804 times
Since you don't mind cold and snow, and enjoy fishing and bike riding, the cities on the east side of the Cascades would be worth looking into. Wenatchee might be a good choice.

Old 12-13-2019, 10:20 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,744,272 times
Quote:

I'm in the medical profession looking to work in underserved areas where they need medical providers , early 40's and there are opportunities for me in each of the cities/towns I have listed on the internet. I have only visited Seattle, and while I like the city and am not tied down to living an urban lifestyle.
I like having all 4 seasons, cold doesn't bother me, I have a down parka ready for winter weather and a SUV ready to handle snow if necessary. I don't mind hot summers, up to 90 degrees. rain doesn't bother me either.
I enjoy fishing, I like bike riding. I enjoy hiking. being 1 hr from decent fishing holes would be great.
Being 2 hours near an airport would be nice, high speed internet would be nice.
I would prefer to live in an apartment complex or rent a house initially. Having a selection of different restaurants would be nice.

So if you have visited, lived in, or know anything about the above listed towns/cities it would be appreciated
Fair enough. I was just feeding off the previous post. The cities you mention are indeed pretty random, so that is what perhaps captured that response.

Of the ones you mention, I can only comment on the ones I know well.

Monroe: Snohomish County, home of a State prison. Pretty easy access to Seattle. A lower housing price than the rest of the metro.

Woodland: About a half hour north of Portland/Vancouver. Small town feel.

Wenatchee: Eastern side of the Cascades, drier weather, hot in summer. Rising housing prices.

Edmonds: A somewhat expensive suburb of Seattle, with some lower cost areas to the north.

Lakewood: Suburb of Tacoma, would not recommend.

Yakima: Eastern side of the Cascades, generally Hispanic, decent weather.

Redmond: Expensive city east of Seattle

I would look at opportunities in Spokane and the Tri-Cities as well. The Tri-Cities is the fastest growing area in the State and has a lot of job openings in all sectors.

Old 12-13-2019, 11:41 PM

811 posts, read 1,051,556 times
Quote:

I'm in the medical profession looking to work in underserved areas where they need medical providers .......d
I would not consider any of the towns in the greater Seattle area as "underserved" for medical services, if that is actually a concern of yours.

Definitely the ones east of the Cascades would give you more opportunity to fill a need.

I moved from the Seattle area to Bend Oregon, which is the medical center for Central Oregon and it is surprisingly short of doctors, even though it is a significant town serving a significant area, and an awesome place for doctors to live, if they like any form of outdoor recreation. I would imagine some of the east of the crest places in Washington would be a similar situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington