Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 04:52 PM

29 posts, read 43,118 times

Advertisements

One thing to consider is what weather you want as well as the community. Washington is very diverse, on the west side there are rain forests, and on the east side there are deserts. There are mountainous areas in between as well. You can also live on the coast or 4 hours away from it. The temperatures from west to east are 10+ degrees different most of the year, and the west gets much more rain than the east.

Population-wise, the west is generally more ""liberal", and the east is generally more "conservative". There are pockets of all types of communities everywhere, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 11:38 AM

12 posts, read 26,434 times
Not desert. 17" of rain per year. Irrigated and a center of seed production.
Climate info is available on 'net.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:42 AM

Default Touchet

Yes. I have a UWA degree in Geography, and I can tell you my state is probably the most diverse. However, I specified Touchet to meet her listed criteria.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:46 AM

Default Touchet is not in the desert.

17" of rain per year does not a desert make.
Wine growing, seed center, wheat...irrigation.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:57 PM

100 posts, read 305,099 times
don't mean to sound rude but if u are already worried about how much rain and how much sun u may not want to move up here to washington!!!!! I love it

Old 03-01-2009, 09:20 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,399,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwcharliet View Post
Not desert. 17" of rain per year. Irrigated and a center of seed production.
Climate info is available on 'net.
I live within 20 miles of Touchet, which I do not suspect that you do. By any sensible measure, this is a desert. Without irrigation they wouldn't get anywhere. Except down in the river valley, the country is nothing but sagebrush and dry windblown silt.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:27 PM

AS YOU SAID, "EXCEPT DOWN IN THE VALLEY".

Touchet IS in the valley. I did not recommend living twenty miles from it.

I'm somewhat familiar with the area. My family came into it in 1873. Martin, Burlingame, Hanson, Fry, Warner, Tyson... Check the Wallula and Touchet cemetaries, JKK.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:41 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,399,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwcharliet View Post
AS YOU SAID, "EXCEPT DOWN IN THE VALLEY".

Touchet IS in the valley. I did not recommend living twenty miles from it.

I'm somewhat familiar with the area. My family came into it in 1873. Martin, Burlingame, Hanson, Fry, Warner, Tyson... Check the Wallula and Touchet cemetaries, JKK.
In the valley, as in, along the river. Where there's water flowing close by on a regular basis.

As for poking through graveyards in Touchet and Wallula, I won't challenge this powerful and awe-inspiring claim to fame, partly because I have better things to do than root through graveyards. You win! You are the ultimate Touchet authority! You rulez at teh Touchet!

HTH.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:59 PM

41 posts, read 196,184 times
Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments. I would still like to visit some of these cities just to see what they are like. But we decided on Poulsbo, WA. It is much bigger than i had expected/wanted. And the job market isn't looking so hot here. I am hoping things will work out soon. The summer was beautiful. And it snowed so much this winter we were snowed in for two days straight! I LOVE the weather here. Just wish the summer months lasted longer. But i even love the rain. LOVE the overcast effect all the time!
Just wish the town was a bit smaller.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:50 PM

5,250 posts, read 4,642,284 times
Centralia or Chehalis is a good bet for what you were referring to, small town feel with jobs. Battleground and Clark county have a ton of housing right now and plenty of employment oppertunities when compared to other areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington