Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 11:56 AM

8,214 posts, read 16,693,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
We are nearing my favorite time of year. I don't think you can beat this state in June. Lots of nice warm days, and everything still lush and green. By July, we're wishing for rain again and by August we're begging for it... but June is marvelous!
Yes, I agree. All of the residential gardens and wildflowers are awesome as well. I actually really like spring with the intermixed rain and sun possibly more. Here are a few recent photos of this wonderful time year.

From a hike yesterday:

Last weekend paddle:

Derek

Old 05-23-2020, 12:02 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,700 posts, read 58,022,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Thanks MtnSurfer!

I personally love CO and could live here forever.

However, My wife is from Singapore / Bali and my job is in Seattle (although I can work anywhere). We have started to see the advantages of living in WA including many of the points you have listed. I think the convenience of getting to Singapore and Seattle, along with less snow is a win for us.

Quote:
Honestly the garage and land are more important than the water access.. I can always build a pond right?

I have some older cars, jeeps and bikes that I have to work on so I need full hydraulic lift access.
Quote:
My wife and I are considering buying a small house in Washington in a couple of years.

We'd like:

1) Small house (2bd/2bath) on a lake or creek
2) With land to build a detached 4car garage (hobby) and have a large garden.
3) While snow is ok, we would prefer somewhere more rainy than snowy.
4) Under 500k
5) I work from home and would need access to an airport to get to Seattle once a month.

We really like the state of Washington, can you give us some recommendations of areas to look at?

Thanks!
Actually... I would find a rural spot near Southworth Ferry (Follow the coast from Port Orchard / Manchester State Park / Southworth. ) There are a lot of places tucked away. I spent 15 yrs of weekends near there and it can be really nice and quite convenient. (From Silverdale / Bremerton to Gig Harbor + west Seattle.

I have a very simple formula to find rural places, so PM me. '
Mine (TX, CO, WA) all have multiple residences and full shops (40x70~12 cars / trucks and a LOT of motorcycles). I have 'free' stays and places for my toys and projects). Great cash flows + deductions and deductible travel between them.

Yes, PNW is far better for accessing SIN (I commuted there for 30 yrs).

WA areas near PDX work as well, with connections in SFO or LAX. The direct flights leaving at 10:30PM from SFO and LAX (and departing SIN 10PM) get you to SIN at 6:30AM, just in time to go to work! I take a shower at airport hotel (S$12) and am in taxi ready for action by 8AM. Coming home works well when they are running the 10PM departures from SIN. Can go to Changi area food court before flight. Board... and fall asleep for 16 hrs.

My hometown is Masonville, CO (population 5 at the time).

Old 05-23-2020, 12:07 PM

14,461 posts, read 12,090,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Yes, I agree. All of the residential gardens and wildflowers are awesome as well. I actually really like spring with the intermixed rain and sun possibly more. Here are a few recent photos of this wonderful time year.

From a hike yesterday:

Last weekend paddle:

Derek

Gorgeous!

Old 05-26-2020, 12:33 PM

32 posts, read 18,370 times
https://www.washingtonwaterfronts.co...illapa-island/

Old 05-26-2020, 09:41 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,644,795 times
Quote:
My wife and I are considering buying a small house in Washington in a couple of years.

We'd like:

1) Small house (2bd/2bath) on a lake or creek
2) With land to build a detached 4car garage (hobby) and have a large garden.
3) While snow is ok, we would prefer somewhere more rainy than snowy.
4) Under 500k
5) I work from home and would need access to an airport to get to Seattle once a month.

We really like the state of Washington, can you give us some recommendations of areas to look at?

Thanks!
Anderson Island has a few homes listed. Doubt if you'll find waterfront for under 500k. Several homes within walking distance of lakes tho. Served by a ferry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington