Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2006, 03:11 AM

7 posts, read 20,549 times

Advertisements

In near future we will emigrate to Everett. We are looking for people who have interest to know us to close friendship or help with something.

We want to know if there are jobs in information technology or real estate industry. Does anybody have information?

Thanks a lot.

Harriet&Jim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2006, 10:03 AM

653 posts, read 1,802,885 times
I lived in Germany (U.S. intel) for three years, but that was in the '70's. (Boerfink, near Idar-Oberstein)

I don't understand why you'd want to move here; I am trying to emigrate to SE, as our Constitution has been effectively negated. And I do not understand how you could move here without first securing a job; this has been my main problem in moving to the EU.

I moved to Seattle last year (from Dallas), and TomTom Navigator has been indispensable. I was able to look at 50 prospective houses for rent, in my first two weeks here. I never knew where I was, nor where I was going, but I always got there fast and efficiently. I'm running it on an IPaq 4700, mounted in front of my car's tach in a Brodit cradle. I have a 1G flash card, which holds all of the US and Canada, except the South.

As far as the climate and natural environment, you will find little difference here.

For cities, American cities are not like DE with many smaller towns joined by a network of roads. Everett tends to meld into Lynnwood and that in turn, melds into Seattle. Please do not be shocked with our regions of poverty; please do not be disappointed with our public transportation.

I do not recommend technology, as those jobs have been commoditized to a good degree. Our Republicans have enacted tax cuts which specifically encourage corporations to export the quality jobs to India and China. Real estate is booming here; the average price of a home is very high in the region, in relation to the rest of the nation. There is much construction happening.

Wilkommen!

Last edited by Quantum; 05-08-2006 at 10:11 AM..

Old 05-12-2006, 04:29 AM

Hi Quantum.

Thanks for your reply.
Idar Oberstein it's not far away from me and my boyfriend.

The reason we will emigrate to USA is Germany will be bad in the next years. No work, everything expensive, also poverty comes, and many other problems here - no future for joung people! Many many germans going to Austria, England, Ireland, Canada and USA.

My boyfriends sister lives in Everett. And also a couple of friends.
To first we will living there. She has a big home. Of course, we will take many informations what we need and plan all things what is to do. Maybe we will going over there in two years. Not earlier.

Thanks a lot for your information and thanks for your welcome.

Harriet & Jim.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,906 times
Default Immer wieder Deutsche Schwarzseherei! :-)

Hi Harriet,

german"Why would you want to move to the US??" Is Europe really that bad? Here in America, we look at Europe as an oasis of normal living.
german
I have done what you are planning to do a long time ago and I am now desperately trying to go back!
I am nonetheless ready to help you in any way I can, also...
german
D.D.

Moderator cut: I don't know if it makes sense any more but writing in foreign languages isn't allowed here

Last edited by Yac; 05-16-2006 at 01:31 PM..

Old 05-17-2006, 09:07 AM

Hi Didi.

I couldn't understand everything what do you mean.
It's right? You are a german?
Yes europe will be bad in the next years. That's correct.
Many germans left the country. That's reality.
Become more and more laws with self employee, freedom and the tax are very high here. For professional trainees is very expensive. Many firms or companys are not flexible.

Many stones in the way.

The physicians and doctors strike already here since 3 months.
They gets too fewer money. Sometimes fewer than an office woman.
That is not normal.

If you like writing me here is my email [saxoniwoman@aol.com]
I would glad if you writing me.

See you
Harriet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: