Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 11:25 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,126,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Well, on the one day or two that it rains for most of the day I try and go duck hunting. I did finally break down and bought a decent camo rain jacket for that day. Fortunately, our "rainy season" is during duck season.

It didn't rain ALL last summer. Nada, not a drop for 115 days.

I do understand there are small parts of Washington that are cloudy and rainy most of the time. I did go over there about a couple of decades ago. I didn't like it.

But the dirty little secret is the refusal of Washington state government to deal with all the CLIMATE REFUGEES escaping from over there.

It is awful, they have bought up ALL the houses and RENTED ALL the apartments. We have homeless people living on the streets due to this now and the state government refuses to even acknowledge the problem!!!

Every weekend they pour over the Cascade passes snarling traffic, taking all the parking places, scaring the wildlife as the walk the trails searching for "nature".

The state of Washington needs to do something about this climate emergency NOW. They have a plan to charge $20 to cross the Cascade passes but the Governor has refused to implement it!!!
Your posts are not even funny anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2021, 11:40 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,733,126 times
I'm a motorsports and boating/fishing fan, so the rain gets old. My last boat was a hardtop with cabin heat though so it made those wet opening days much more enjoyable. Sadly, the recreational fisheries have recently been the low hanging fruit for Inslee's cuts to limits and closures of prime fishing areas, despite the fact that recreational license fees are responsible for almost 1,000 hatchery salmon per license and the average recreational fisher only catches 7 fish. Family, friends, and I have sold our boats and fishing stuff and moved on. Meanwhile, the seal/sea-lion population is consuming more Puget Sound salmon than all the other consumer groups and fisheries combined and our local fine-dining Orca pods that only eat salmon are starving.

Old 05-04-2021, 11:51 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,977,890 times
?? Rain doesn't mean you can't go outside and do stuff....you won't melt or anything.

Old 05-04-2021, 02:16 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,129,439 times
Rain is usually a only a drizzle, so with a rain hat and this mild spring weather, there isn’t much you can’t do. Yesterday, I weeded, fed, put compost and topsoil around my twelve blueberry plants. The usual drizzle came down for most of the afternoon, but with a wide brim hat, you hardly notice.

Old 05-04-2021, 04:55 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,881,563 times
Our rain is not rain common to other regions. We rarely have the skies open up and it pours heavy.

I cleaned out my house in a move a couple of years ago and donated at least 10 jackets/coats that I never use. My winter clothes involve a jeans, polo shirt, cardigan sweater, Gore-Tex shoes and a Kangol cap to keep my bare head warm. I do have one light, water proof & hooded coat when needed.

I've never owned an umbrella.

When you think W. WA think "Mild". Mild winters, mild summers, mild rain.

Old 05-04-2021, 05:08 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,076,286 times
We receive drizzle.
Some call it rain but it’s just drizzle.

Very very seldom do I see buckets of rain if ever.

Where we are at the clouds pass fast so if you don’t like the current weather just give it a few minutes.

I love it here.
Drizzle be damned.

If it was dry and brown I would not care for it much.

People can keep their brown hills if they want but I just prefer to bask in this glorious green area that has lots of creeks and stuff like that.

Old 05-04-2021, 05:22 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,044,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post

"climate refugees" from Western Washington? Haha! You're so funny!

The ONLY reason they could possibly be moving from western Washington is CLIMATE.

Doesn't that make them "climate refugees"???

It isn't funny to those of us living here.

Old 05-04-2021, 05:25 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,076,286 times
Huh?

Old 05-04-2021, 06:08 PM

638 posts, read 348,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisker View Post
I'm confused why when reading the Pros about Washington, outdoor activities is pretty much listed as the number one pro but then the con is the rain. What outdoor activities are folks doing in the rain? Please enlighten me!
Lots of people in WA state ski. When it’s raining in the lowlands it’s usually snowing in the mountains. That is a huge pro.

Old 05-05-2021, 12:33 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,042,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thealpinist View Post
Lots of people in WA state ski. When it’s raining in the lowlands it’s usually snowing in the mountains. That is a huge pro.
Or it's raining in the mtns (on the snow)

Often PWN skiers snow ski in the rain, as we do everything in the rain (drizzle)
  1. Mow your grass.
  2. Work in your muddy garden.
  3. Install new roof,
  4. pour concrete
  5. Build fence.
  6. Treat hoof rot on your livestock.
  7. Wash cars,
  8. Lay in the mud puddle and fix your car.
  9. Ride your bike and get mud stripes to prove it.
  10. Clean the moss off your roof and sidewalks,
  11. Sit and watch your kids play soccer, football, baseball, track, annual picnic...
  12. Or... any of thousands of 'other' things
fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington