U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2007, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,224 times

Advertisements

Hi, My Husband just accepted a job in aberdeen Wa at Ocean Spray can anyone tell us if this is a good company to work for. We have also have been considering the Olympia area. I found a area that looks wonderful on the computer hoping for some feed back Carlyons Beach. Have a 16 year old daughter so looking for a safe community and still have alot of activities for teens.
Thanks Patrick and Rebecca
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 05:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,224 times
Thumbs up Carlyon Beach

Moved up from Irvine in the summer of 2005. Checked Lacey, Olympia etc. Our daughter and family live near Lacey.

Had trouble finding "nice" neighborhoods that we could afford and not overrun with too many kids.

Finally ended up looking at a place in Carlyon (pronounced car-lyon) Beach. Was pretty well sold on the drive out from Hwy 101 (8 miles) and the house checked out too.

Please let me know if I can help with any more information.

gene@egp-photo.com

Old 01-21-2007, 05:23 PM

13 posts, read 77,743 times
Default Aberdeen is AWFUL!

Not sure if you've ever been to Aberdeen, but its awful! It was voted the worst city in WA to live in by many polls as well as making national news for being one of the Top 50 worst cities in America. SoCal and Aberdeen couldnt be more different. Aberdeen is overcast over 300 days a year, Socal is the exact opposite. I've been to most all states and Aberdeen/Hoquiam is the most depressing place I have ever seen .

As for Olympia, its pretty nice, much better than Aberdeen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington