U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 08:20 AM

67 posts, read 156,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray427 View Post
Well it guess it a good idea that I bring my ADT plan with me as it follows whatever residence I move to according to ADT.
Nothing a 30.06 can't stop which also goes with the territory. But I guess it is to be expected in rural areas as here in CA in Mendocino Co. which is beautiful territory but lots of marijuana farms. There are also methlabs too.
Oddly San Francisco is also coming up with a lot of rented homes that are being used to grow marijuana and in that city there is always a witness with no privacy expected just because of the population density that many homes are attached together lots of people live on top or next to each other. San Francisco is so expensive people got to make a living somehow so lots of this stuff going on
Strange thing about the Russian Immigrants in that I get lots of e-mail of girls claiming to be of Russian descent and they send their pics to me (at least they claim it is a pic of them for all I know it could be a guy) that they are in love with you, want to meet you, have told their mother about you etc. How can a person fall in love with someone they don't even know in such a short time? Someone was born yesterday or there are alot of these scams going on in the net. Also the question of $$$$ will always come up
Anyway I will have to get a look see of this entire area via satellite. I have seen what Custer looks like and it's appealing to me. I have lived here all my life and have seen the changes and the population just continues to get bigger and bigger so now I want peace n quiet, no traffic, no congestion, no nosy neighbors, Don't want neighbors because the only time I hear from them is when there is a problem like a fence coming down they won't pay half on or they don't cut their tree that hangs over my house or maintain their property. I don't want kids running up and down the street shouting or racing their cars and playing their boom box stereos that shake the house off it's foundation.. Less people= less problems = less crime. Sounds almost like that movie that came out in 1987 if memory recalls? "Falling down" with Michael Douglas which was portraying the LA area.

I here ya Stingray and thanks to all for the other replys to my posts. I dont want a bunch of loud kids either and im not to sold on settling down in a high crime area either. Where I live in Texas is so quite and really crime free for the most part. We each have 1/2 to 2 acres each so we never hear anything, not even a car door open. Im spoiled as far as that is concerned but the lite bill is what is killing me. We are living on a budget and 700 to 900 is a huge chunk to pay for electricy. Plus I cant get use to 78 degrees. I already tried it. Im miserable. I know the weather in Washington will suit me to a T. The russians, im not so sure. perhaps I can offer them a bottle of vodka as a peace offering LOL . I do have a pit bull, I just wont tell anyone she is really a wuss.

Does anyone know about guns laws up there? here in texas we passed what is called the castle doctrine . It means you can blow away just about anyone you want as long as they are on your property and you feel scared. Old law said you had a duty to "Retreat", not no more. Its the wild wild west here.

I need to research the crime so if anyone has a link i would apprecite it.

charlee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by felineone View Post
Maple Falls has.. no jobs, long windy roads going up the mountain, lots of russian imigrants ( high crime rate w/their gangs) who bought up all the tiny lots intended for winter ski tourists,(Canadian) lots more snow, log trucks.. wait, maybe some logging jobs? Some areas are fine as far as crime goes, but still have those bad roads, really bad when icy. Long drive to town for groceries & shopping..(Bellingham)

I love long winding roads and winter snow storms and hot chocolate and Uggs on my feet with an electric blanket in front of my new TV with nuttin to do except what I want LOL.

The russians sound scarey. Why would they want to live in such a remote area? Seems like the cops would get their number real quick and take care of business. Am I dreaming? Some here said the cops arent worth a toot. Is that true? If so thats sad, we will need to start a neighboorhood watch I guess. I just want peace and quite and a fishing pole and my pop up camper and cold weather.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Southern CA. Los Angeles? All they have down there are natural diasters, earthquakes, fires and lots of crime. Traffic and congestion included for free.
If he wants CA real bad you can get homes here for $150,000 or less in certain areas of Northern CA. say 35 miles from San Francisco.

I keep telling Hubby that. He has such fond memories of grunion hunting on the beach and the good weather, ocean, beach and mountains. I say we can have all of that in Washington.

Hey exactly where in California should I look? I thought i tried up by where they say bigfoot lives. Cant remember the name. Willow ? something like that. Mostly just land and one old beat up mobile for like 200K. Ripp-off

Old 09-12-2009, 05:29 PM

473 posts, read 1,517,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleecrat View Post
I here ya Stingray and thanks to all for the other replys to my posts. I dont want a bunch of loud kids either and im not to sold on settling down in a high crime area either. Where I live in Texas is so quite and really crime free for the most part. We each have 1/2 to 2 acres each so we never hear anything, not even a car door open. Im spoiled as far as that is concerned but the lite bill is what is killing me. We are living on a budget and 700 to 900 is a huge chunk to pay for electricy. Plus I cant get use to 78 degrees. I already tried it. Im miserable. I know the weather in Washington will suit me to a T. The russians, im not so sure. perhaps I can offer them a bottle of vodka as a peace offering LOL . I do have a pit bull, I just wont tell anyone she is really a wuss.

Does anyone know about guns laws up there? here in texas we passed what is called the castle doctrine . It means you can blow away just about anyone you want as long as they are on your property and you feel scared. Old law said you had a duty to "Retreat", not no more. Its the wild wild west here.

charlee
No problem that is what these forums are for exchanging info. At one point getting info on here was pretty dead here. There was hardly anyone on here at least exchanging info with me
I don't understand how come your bill is so expensive? $700.00 per month? As I previously mentioned by gas and electric is usually around 70.00 to $100 max which is enough for me.
Other than that Texas sounds great but I am sure you can elaborate on the negatives since you know how it is there. The gun laws in Texas I'm sure afford its citizens alot more freedoms and protections than the Republik of Kalifornia where you can be convicted for killing or stopping a burglar. You shoot him/her and they retreat or aren't armed you will end up with murder charges. This makes you a criminal. Living here you should expect to have a good criminal and civil attorney at your service.
California sucks as far as gun laws go maybe the worst in the nation. Don't even think of relying on police or calling 911 here because t hey will just put you on hold. They are too busy.
You would think you could rely on these services alot more in urban areas vs. rural areas NOT. You are safer in a rural area.
I don't know what the gun laws are in Washington. Has to be alot better than here. I hear that Washington is very liberal but I'm not into politics. It is just those dam property taxes in Washingtoon
You want a great watch/guard dog? Get a Rottweiller they are naturally protective and very suspicious of strangers but if they know you they are very gentle giants and clowns. Very very LOYAL to owners.
Natural instinct to protect their territory which goes beyond house boundaries and very easy to train. They are a very intelligent breed don't let anyone tell you anything else about them. I have two of them. At one point I had 3 at one time I have stuck with this breed now for over 21 years.. It always better to have 2 or more vs. just 1 by itself as they keep each other company and have a happier life and are even more protective of their area.
Are you saying 78 is too hot for you?
My breaking point is 77 as I found out through temperature gauge. My preference is 55-65 which makes San Francisco ok but even SF can be too hot for me and it is just too expensive and crowded to live here anymore.
As far as the Russians go they should be on their best behavior. Many times I have found the foreigners more friendly than the Americans but I can't say that for up in that area but down here it can be like that. But again it is best to know that you can't trust anyone especially here.
Better to offer the Ruskies some Barcardi 151 proof rum give them something a bit different than their native drink. They do have beautiful women.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
No problem that is what these forums are for exchanging info. At one point getting info on here was pretty dead here. There was hardly anyone on here at least exchanging info with me
I don't understand how come your bill is so expensive? $700.00 per month? As I previously mentioned by gas and electric is usually around 70.00 to $100 max which is enough for me.
Other than that Texas sounds great but I am sure you can elaborate on the negatives since you know how it is there. The gun laws in Texas I'm sure afford its citizens alot more freedoms and protections than the Republik of Kalifornia where you can be convicted for killing or stopping a burglar. You shoot him/her and they retreat or aren't armed you will end up with murder charges. This makes you a criminal. Living here you should expect to have a good criminal and civil attorney at your service.
California sucks as far as gun laws go maybe the worst in the nation. Don't even think of relying on police or calling 911 here because t hey will just put you on hold. They are too busy.
You would think you could rely on these services alot more in urban areas vs. rural areas NOT. You are safer in a rural area.
I don't know what the gun laws are in Washington. Has to be alot better than here. I hear that Washington is very liberal but I'm not into politics. It is just those dam property taxes in Washingtoon
You want a great watch/guard dog? Get a Rottweiller they are naturally protective and very suspicious of strangers but if they know you they are very gentle giants and clowns. Very very LOYAL to owners.
Natural instinct to protect their territory which goes beyond house boundaries and very easy to train. They are a very intelligent breed don't let anyone tell you anything else about them. I have two of them. At one point I had 3 at one time I have stuck with this breed now for over 21 years.. It always better to have 2 or more vs. just 1 by itself as they keep each other company and have a happier life and are even more protective of their area.
Are you saying 78 is too hot for you?
My breaking point is 77 as I found out through temperature gauge. My preference is 55-65 which makes San Francisco ok but even SF can be too hot for me and it is just too expensive and crowded to live here anymore.
As far as the Russians go they should be on their best behavior. Many times I have found the foreigners more friendly than the Americans but I can't say that for up in that area but down here it can be like that. But again it is best to know that you can't trust anyone especially here.
Better to offer the Ruskies some Barcardi 151 proof rum give them something a bit different than their native drink. They do have beautiful women.

Rottys are good dogs. Ive known folks that had them. Pit bulls are wussys. this is my 2nd and I swear she will just lick you to death.

I dont understand my lite bill either. First off I bought a new trane 14 seer rated a/c, otherwise my bill would have been over 1000! Yikes. Then I just added 1400 dollars worth of insualtion and that radient barrier foil crap. cant tell it has helped a bit. 15.4 cents a killowat is the problem, plus we have lots of puters on, my hubby is a puter nerd and is bringing up our 12 yr old the same way. I bet there are 5 puters running now. We used 4500 Killowats last month. it will go down in the dead of winter to about 350, but thats it. So I can tell half of it is a/c.

Yes Texas has these crazy gun laws. I couldnt believe that story right after the new law was passed. This old fart in Houston saw his neighbor get robbed so he called 911 and said " im gonna shoot um" 911 said " dont you do it, stay in the house" you hear BANG BANG BANG, he picks up the phone "too late. He shot the criminals claiming they were comming for him and killed them both and WALKED. Turns out they were illegal with records for doing the same crime. I just dont know if I agree but the dude got off scott free. Some folks here were pretty upset.

I know this im gonna go brooke if I do something about this bill. I cant turn up the heat. I would rather move where is beautiful and cool and cheaper on the bill. Im hoping I can find something I can afford by selling this house and dropping all the money on it. The thought of moving all of this crap depresses me severely LOL
C

Old 09-13-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Rottys are good dogs. Ive known folks that had them. Pit bulls are wussys. this is my 2nd and I swear she will just lick you to death.

I dont understand my lite bill either. First off I bought a new trane 14 seer rated a/c, otherwise my bill would have been over 1000! Yikes. Then I just added 1400 dollars worth of insualtion and that radient barrier foil crap. cant tell it has helped a bit. 15.4 cents a killowat is the problem, plus we have lots of puters on, my hubby is a puter nerd and is bringing up our 12 yr old the same way. I bet there are 5 puters running now. We used 4500 Killowats last month. it will go down in the dead of winter to about 350, but thats it. So I can tell half of it is a/c.

Yes Texas has these crazy gun laws. I couldnt believe that story right after the new law was passed. This old fart in Houston saw his neighbor get robbed so he called 911 and said " im gonna shoot um" 911 said " dont you do it, stay in the house" you hear BANG BANG BANG, he picks up the phone "too late. He shot the criminals claiming they were comming for him and killed them both and WALKED. Turns out they were illegal with records for doing the same crime. I just dont know if I agree but the dude got off scott free. Some folks here were pretty upset.

I know this im gonna go brooke if I do something about this bill. I cant turn up the heat. I would rather move where is beautiful and cool and cheaper on the bill. Im hoping I can find something I can afford by selling this house and dropping all the money on it. The thought of moving all of this crap depresses me severely LOL
C
The terrier group of dogs are known to be great companions and friendly with owners. But they aren't the best if you have other animals I hear. They are animal aggresive. Diggers and known escape artists are some of the traits of the terrier. I had a pit bull along time ago and she was a very freindly dog to people...in fact she was a terrible watch dog. But if an animal walked by she would bark and go crazy. But they are very strong dogs lots of lean muscle on them.
I don't understand your electric bill it's probably the air conditioning which I don't have being a native SF never did need air cond. but where I live now I sure could use it but if I did I'm sure my gas and electric bill would go over $100 a month. I guess where you live it must get extremely hot and also extremely cold. I like it better cold. I don't use the heater in the 1,200 ft house I live in during the winter. Come summer time I melt but I don't pay for air conditioning. If it get real bad go to the mall or to a movie or shopping. Any place or business that has air conditioning. But when I get back home my house is on a cement slab so it get even hotter at night because it seems to be that it retains the heat during the evening even though it is cool outside it's hot inside. I got double pane windows.
Well that shooting story you just told me would be a big plus for the NRA where a firearm was an aid in fighting / preventing crime. Criminals here know this so they know they can get away with it. So if you do shoot them and they live through it they can sue you in civil court along with criminal charges which is crazy to me. If you drive crazy enough you can escape the police chasing you because in continuing the chase you are endangering the lives of everyone else around you so if this is the case usually the police will terminate chasing the criminal. Let him go as it isn't worth the danger and safety of others.

San Francisco has great weather where it is neutral all of the time most of the year. It doesn't get extremely hot or cold there. It does have alot of other faults though and has changed. The only other place I can think of in terms of likeness in climate is Seattle, Washington but then these are urban areas and cities something I don't want now in my life as I grew up in SF.
What is a puter?

Old 09-13-2009, 01:19 AM

Quote:

charlee
Now that's an old gun law we need here in CA. Because you will get arrested and put in jail for protecting your property here even if you are scared. Technically If a criminal shot a police officer and then threw the gun down he is no longer a criminal that's a threat so officers by law are not to shoot him but only use as much or less reasonable force to arrest that person. You shoot a burglar in your house here who isn't armed or is escaping you go to jail and you are now the criminal. Here they value life over property. The castles here are only in the sand on the beaches that get washed away.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
I keep telling Hubby that. He has such fond memories of grunion hunting on the beach and the good weather, ocean, beach and mountains. I say we can have all of that in Washington.

Hey exactly where in California should I look? I thought i tried up by where they say bigfoot lives. Cant remember the name. Willow ? something like that. Mostly just land and one old beat up mobile for like 200K. Ripp-off
Willows? Maybe Sonora or Calaveras Co? those are the rural areas but I don't think they are in the affordable price range. Perhaps Yolo Co. or Woodland, and Yuba City is more affordable but then Yuba City maybe more people but the cost of homes there are affordable but it gets hot there in the summer time.. I don't know much about mobile homes but I'm sure they cost alot less than a house. There are rural places here in CA that I don't know about and should look into but I have been here all of my life and the laws here suck along with the cost of living. I cannot agree with a clear conscience what this state is turning into and more so the masses of people here and it is only going to get worse. Whatever happened to population control

Old 09-13-2009, 01:28 AM

Quote:
I love long winding roads and winter snow storms and hot chocolate and Uggs on my feet with an electric blanket in front of my new TV with nuttin to do except what I want LOL.

The russians sound scarey. Why would they want to live in such a remote area? Seems like the cops would get their number real quick and take care of business. Am I dreaming? Some here said the cops arent worth a toot. Is that true? If so thats sad, we will need to start a neighboorhood watch I guess. I just want peace and quite and a fishing pole and my pop up camper and cold weather.
It looks like we are both looking for the same thing

Old 09-13-2009, 03:18 AM

Quote:
The terrier group of dogs are known to be great companions and friendly with owners. But they aren't the best if you have other animals I hear. They are animal aggresive. Diggers and known escape artists are some of the traits of the terrier. I had a pit bull along time ago and she was a very freindly dog to people...in fact she was a terrible watch dog. But if an animal walked by she would bark and go crazy. But they are very strong dogs lots of lean muscle on them.
I don't understand your electric bill it's probably the air conditioning which I don't have being a native SF never did need air cond. but where I live now I sure could use it but if I did I'm sure my gas and electric bill would go over $100 a month. I guess where you live it must get extremely hot and also extremely cold. I like it better cold. I don't use the heater in the 1,200 ft house I live in during the winter. Come summer time I melt but I don't pay for air conditioning. If it get real bad go to the mall or to a movie or shopping. Any place or business that has air conditioning. But when I get back home my house is on a cement slab so it get even hotter at night because it seems to be that it retains the heat during the evening even though it is cool outside it's hot inside. I got double pane windows.
Well that shooting story you just told me would be a big plus for the NRA where a firearm was an aid in fighting / preventing crime. Criminals here know this so they know they can get away with it. So if you do shoot them and they live through it they can sue you in civil court along with criminal charges which is crazy to me. If you drive crazy enough you can escape the police chasing you because in continuing the chase you are endangering the lives of everyone else around you so if this is the case usually the police will terminate chasing the criminal. Let him go as it isn't worth the danger and safety of others.

San Francisco has great weather where it is neutral all of the time most of the year. It doesn't get extremely hot or cold there. It does have alot of other faults though and has changed. The only other place I can think of in terms of likeness in climate is Seattle, Washington but then these are urban areas and cities something I don't want now in my life as I grew up in SF.
What is a puter?

you just described Twiggy to a T. yes she runs after other animals but just to play. She diggs on occasion. She is a lean mean pit bull machine. She is not full blood as she is too tall and her ears stick up. I'll see if I can add a pic to my profile of her. Not that good at this puter stuff may need help but ill try.

I cant believe california. Now I dont have a gun myself however I may need to get one if I move LOL. But that is just obsurd. Surely if the crook tried to sue the jury would give them the boot. I hope. That is messed up.

Hey I went to San fran back in 99 or 2000. It was in May which it is hot as hell here by then and when those sliding glass doors opened at the airport in San Fran and that ocean air hit my face I was like OMG im in heaven. Even then I stopped by a town called Paso Robles. There was a neighborhood of homes that didnt face the beach, they were more like siding it, anyway I picked up the brochure and it was 676 thousand,. I almost peed my pants LOL. Geeeez people. Since then I watched those prices go sky high. You know that was during the scandals that drove those prices up. Barney Frank I think it is who is parlyl responsible for that. I didnt keep up with all of that news but it was mortgage scams. That is at least party why houses rose and now look.Sad.

When I was in Victoria I had many conversaions with the locals about health care reform. They all asked why we dont trust our goverment. I said probably because they lie to us. Canadians are very happy with their health care and govermnet in general. One reason ive picked Maple Falls is it is close to the border so if I need to run to Canada for any reason I can LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington